just curious

Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

antmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the rough
Default just curious

i was wondering if you dont really have a trade or any qualifications but say you done a job with a total of 2 1/2 years work can you contact companies in australia and if there willing to sponsor you can you get a visa this way or are there still restrictions because you dont actually have it as a trade or any paperwork?

lets say i was offered a job in a factory if there willing to sponsor you can you still get a visa this way?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: just curious

Originally Posted by antmeister
i was wondering if you dont really have a trade or any qualifications but say you done a job with a total of 2 1/2 years work can you contact companies in australia and if there willing to sponsor you can you get a visa this way or are there still restrictions because you dont actually have it as a trade or any paperwork?

lets say i was offered a job in a factory if there willing to sponsor you can you still get a visa this way?
I think to be sponsered the company has to show they need you to come over and couldn't employ an ozzie to do the same job. Would be close to impossible for an unskilled job.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

antmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the rough

so wot if i got a certificate before applying for a job/visa what would my chances be then?
i had my own computer business for around a yr but fmily matters made me end it. i wasnt qualified but i could get proof from many customers that i helped them out and they were happy.
if say i got a entry level certificate from microsoft would i have a chance then? i checked the job section in aus and theres loads of jobs going in what i used to do.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

LauraandDes has a brilliant futureLauraandDes has a brilliant futureLauraandDes has a brilliant futureLauraandDes has a brilliant futureLauraandDes has a brilliant futureLauraandDes has a brilliant future

so wot if i got a certificate before applying for a job/visa what would my chances be then?
i had my own computer business for around a yr but fmily matters made me end it. i wasnt qualified but i could get proof from many customers that i helped them out and they were happy.
if say i got a entry level certificate from microsoft would i have a chance then? i checked the job section in aus and theres loads of jobs going in what i used to do.
Do you believe your computer skills would land you a job in the uk? If yes, what type of computer job? If its first line support, I really doubt that there would be many companies willing to sponsor you. If you are skilled in some niche software/hardware, showed determination (by studying/certificaiton) then maybe try visiting Oz on a holiday visa and try and find a company that will be willing to sponsor you. The more effort you can show a potential employer the better your chances.

To get your skills assessed with ACS you will need a good level of experience (about 6 years at least) as say, a system administrator, applications developer, etc., and without a qualification you will have to do a project. It is quite a lot of work but can be done.

Maybe try your chances out here, but best get studying and build up your experience.

Good luck with what you decide to do.

Laura
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

thanx for your reply, the plan is just get my head down study get sum certs now coz im only 28/29 soon, get a steady job here get saving every weeks towards going out there. i might take a holiday there in the wintertime so my gf can see what its like coz at the moment shes not interested. so maybe in 3-5 yrs ill make that step but its nice to know what my options are and then plan ahead coz were not getting any younger lol
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

littlemiss will become famous soon enough

thanx for your reply, the plan is just get my head down study get sum certs now coz im only 28/29 soon, get a steady job here get saving every weeks towards going out there. i might take a holiday there in the wintertime so my gf can see what its like coz at the moment shes not interested. so maybe in 3-5 yrs ill make that step but its nice to know what my options are and then plan ahead coz were not getting any younger lol
Hi Antmeister,

I am kind of in the same boat as you, no qualifications to get in. I am thinking of doing the same too, studying and saving for the next few years and trying to get in then! The only thing is, what do you study? Will it still be on the Occupation in Demand List by the time I qualify? There are a few things I would be interested in doing, but not sure which is safest!! I really really want to emigrate!! Sooo frustrating!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

something i do know and its computers wont go outta date and will always be part of the day to day lifestyle so id say computer courses etc are prob a must! downside is that courses etc go outta date really fast from what i have read. im going to read up and take a few microsoft courses then my cv looks good and i might get a gud job here in the uk and after a few years its work experience isnt it to apply for a visa! once you got your foot in the door most companies pay for your courses anyway.
i got my gf doing my cv as we speak coz she makes me look interesting when really im not lol
my daughters british citizen and i read coz my ex wife was australian and she had my daughter here in the uk my daughters an australian citizen, i got this confermed aswell from an agent but in order to get over there and live shes got to be living there for 2 years then i can stop perm!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

something i do know and its computers wont go outta date and will always be part of the day to day lifestyle so id say computer courses etc are prob a must! downside is that courses etc go outta date really fast from what i have read. im going to read up and take a few microsoft courses then my cv looks good and i might get a gud job here in the uk and after a few years its work experience isnt it to apply for a visa! once you got your foot in the door most companies pay for your courses anyway.
i got my gf doing my cv as we speak coz she makes me look interesting when really im not lol
my daughters british citizen and i read coz my ex wife was australian and she had my daughter here in the uk my daughters an australian citizen, i got this confermed aswell from an agent but in order to get over there and live shes got to be living there for 2 years then i can stop perm!
What kind of courses were you thinking of taking? I am looking into Accounting, not entirely sure whether an AAT NVQ 3 would get me in though, but Computing courses appeal to me too! Willing to try anything, only 29 so I have a bit of time, but want to make the right decision in what I study!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

well im going microsoft way coz its used more im currently going the self study route coz all a college does is go through the sections in the books with you, i got the book for £28 and when im happy i can go ahead with it ill book a test up, think thats £88 dont quote me on that but its cheaper than most tests.
im doing a mcdst which is a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) they say its entry level but most companies see it as 1st or 2nd cert to have. then ill go into security coz i noticed thats in demand aswell.
theres software you can get to test your self, i got some today and i got 73% without reading the book.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

well im going microsoft way coz its used more im currently going the self study route coz all a college does is go through the sections in the books with you, i got the book for £28 and when im happy i can go ahead with it ill book a test up, think thats £88 dont quote me on that but its cheaper than most tests.
im doing a mcdst which is a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) they say its entry level but most companies see it as 1st or 2nd cert to have. then ill go into security coz i noticed thats in demand aswell.
theres software you can get to test your self, i got some today and i got 73% without reading the book.
Thanks Antmeister, will print off your reply and look into it!! Need to really think about what I want to do, the sooner I start the sooner I might get in!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

i wanted to be a floor/wall tiler but theres no corses round here and being a single dad i couldnt travel about places to take up courses so I.T etc made sense, i could study when im free and kidless and then when i think im ready take the test and get microsoft certified. i had a pc business tho for a while.