Australia. I am curious to learn what attracts them to Australia, is
it the weather, different life style, better job opportunities or just
a change in scenary?
It would be nice to know why some of us ( british and others ) chose
Australia as their future home !
L

Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:39 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Just Curious !

Hi Lance,

There are many reasons that me and my family wish to move to Oz but to name a few are

1) Weather
2) More relaxed lifestyle
3) No mortgage
4) Better for the kids
5) Better quality and standard of life

Just to name a few

Rob

Originally Posted by Lance
Hi,
From the posts here I find that lots of British folks are moving to
a change in scenary?
L
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:48 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Smile Re: Just Curious !

Hi,
a change in scenary?
L
the sunshine!

I lived out there for a year and didn't want to leave, loved everything about the place.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 3:23 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just Curious !

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Hi Lance,

There are many reasons that me and my family wish to move to Oz but to name a few are

1) Weather
2) More relaxed lifestyle
3) No mortgage
4) Better for the kids
5) Better quality and standard of life

Just to name a few

Rob
Yep, agree with what Rob has said, although weather would probably be further down the list.

We've yet to start a family and are hoping that we will have a better way of life so can give them a better childhood than we could do here with working 24/7, being stressed out and a slave to the mortgage & bills!
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Think it had something to do with the fact I was marrying an Aussie!
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:39 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look on the Aussie New Zealand Lifestyle Forum for loads on this, although watch out for the usual 'Oz is just as dangerous, crime ridden, high tax as UK' threads that this question always degenerates into.

They're quite funny though as you have the unusual situation of people arguing why their country is more pants than your's.

Anyway, we're going downunder coz we love the sunshine, space and outdoor lifestyle.

And irrespective of whoever replies to the contrary, lower crime and hassle than where we live now.

Plus, given we live in two bed terrace here, for the same proportion of income we can have a 3/4 bed, 2 bathroom detached house, with a big yard, plus given I take 1 and 1/2 hours to get to work, potential commutes there don't worry me.

All the best,

Paul.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, replying to your question for us,we are fed up with the weather yes.but also a change of lifestyle appeals, hopefully more relaxed, not feeling like its all work and no play,and hopefully a better start in life for my daughter who is 16yrs old i don t think england has a lot to offer.How about you what do you hope to achieve by getting a new life in oz.
Hi,
a change in scenary?
L