Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

June 136MODL application and still no visa!!!!

June 136MODL application and still no visa!!!!

Old Jan 15th 2007, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Familytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to all
Angry June 136MODL application and still no visa!!!!

Looking at Dave's spreadsheet it seems that nearly all the June 136MODL visa applications have been granted. We are still waiting for a final answer. Our meds got to aus on the 18th December and the PCC's were already there. Can anyone tell us how long do the LCU take to clear the meds and after that how long does it take for the meds to reach DIMA and then DIMA to make a decision?

Also are there any others in our situation.

The wait is driving us mmmmaadd!!

Thanks for reading,

FTA
Old Jan 15th 2007, 6:29 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: June 136MODL application and still no visa!!!!

Originally Posted by Familytoaus
Looking at Dave's spreadsheet it seems that nearly all the June 136MODL visa applications have been granted. We are still waiting for a final answer. Our meds got to aus on the 18th December and the PCC's were already there. Can anyone tell us how long do the LCU take to clear the meds and after that how long does it take for the meds to reach DIMA and then DIMA to make a decision?

Thanks for reading,

FTA
hi fta
well i cant help you with the Q'S as not quite at that stage yet ( i wished) but i'm sure that you've not got that much longer to wait going by what others have posted so take a deep breath and it will come

tracey
Old Jan 15th 2007, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by want2bthere
hi fta
well i cant help you with the Q'S as not quite at that stage yet ( i wished) but i'm sure that you've not got that much longer to wait going by what others have posted so take a deep breath and it will come

tracey

I am also in the same situation - maybe even worse cos i have not even send my medicals nor pcc as i am given to understand those docs should not be sent unless requested by the C.O - But then - where is the C.O - Still waiting - becmoing impatient .........
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to allMarkandShelly is a name known to all

Originally Posted by olauf
I am also in the same situation - maybe even worse cos i have not even send my medicals nor pcc as i am given to understand those docs should not be sent unless requested by the C.O - But then - where is the C.O - Still waiting - becmoing impatient .........
Hi,
It shouldn't bee too long now here's our timeline

App ack 13/06
Meds/PCC's requested 07/11
Meds/x-rays sent 28/11
Pcc's scanned/sent 11/12
Visa granted 20/12

Good luck the waiting is the hardest part

Shelly
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Familytoaus

Thanks for reading,

FTA
We are on exactly the same time line, our meds must have arrived the same day. Unfortunately it was too close to xmas and as I believe there was only a skeleton staff over the whole 2 week period, so that would have added extra time onto visa's been issued. I am sure we will hear something soon. But I agree it's also driving me nuts at the mo. Good luck.
Nicky x
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leechy100
We are on exactly the same time line, our meds must have arrived the same day. Unfortunately it was too close to xmas and as I believe there was only a skeleton staff over the whole 2 week period, so that would have added extra time onto visa's been issued. I am sure we will hear something soon. But I agree it's also driving me nuts at the mo. Good luck.
Nicky x
How do you know when your meds arrive???
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
We are may 3rd applicants, and still no visa, our pc's and medicals were done end of october and in Australia 7th November.
Have not heard any more and getting frustrated and imaptient, not helped by loads of friends and family asking when the leaving party is!
Ah the waiting, assuming it will not be long now
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Familytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to all

We know our meds arrived because we called our panel doctor who gave us a tracking number and the name of the couriers. We called the couriers and asked for a 'Proof Of Delivery' and this told us that the meds were signed for and even who signed for them.

Ta

FTA
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

fings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to behold

we are 137 stni on modl list
frontloaded pcc,meds
ack 30th may and still no news
so your not the only one stuck in the middle of nowhere

its soooooooo frustrating i know
Old Jan 16th 2007, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MarkandShelly
Hi,
It shouldn't bee too long now here's our timeline

App ack 13/06
Meds/PCC's requested 07/11
Meds/x-rays sent 28/11
Pcc's scanned/sent 11/12
Visa granted 20/12

Good luck the waiting is the hardest part

Shelly

hello Shelly
Congrats - Enjoy your new life down under - When are you flying there ?
Otherwise, I hope you are right and we will soon be contacted by a C.O. Everyday it's the same story - Waiting for either a phone call, a mail, an email - well you name it ........
Old Jan 16th 2007, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fings
we are 137 stni on modl list
frontloaded pcc,meds
ack 30th may and still no news
so your not the only one stuck in the middle of nowhere

its soooooooo frustrating i know

Hi Fings
We are also STNI
I thought STNI 137 would have gone faster whch seems not to be the case - Have you called or contacted them as you are a May applicant. i am looking forward at contcting them next week if still nothing by friday.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Skittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of lightSkittle is a glorious beacon of light

Familytoaus,

I can only sympathise with your situation, having received our visa yesterday and only applied on 6th September, I can't understand why you haven't received yours yet. (We are on the same visa as you)

I did send an enquiry to DIMA last week asking for them to check that our medicals and police checks had been received and they sent a reply confirming that they had them at the end of last week. I'm just wondering if maybe they got our file out to check and then just decided to grant the visa.

Have you sent an enquiry at all yet?

Might be worth a try.

Karen