Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Job Ready Test - Trade Test! Jan 2010 also For 176 ?

Job Ready Test - Trade Test! Jan 2010 also For 176 ?

Old Jul 21st 2009, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

reddragon81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Ready Test - Trade Test! Jan 2010 also For 176 ?

Hi everyone,

From January 2010 there will be a job ready test.

I wanted to know if this test is only for people applying here in Australia, or also from people applying from overseas!

I have AQF III, I have RPL (recognition of Previous Learning), took them here in OZ. Now i am working in a restaurant to gain 1 year recent work experience.

I will apply in february 2010. Will I have to do this trade test (job ready test)?
Old Jul 21st 2009, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Job Ready Test - Trade Test! Jan 2010 also For 176 ?

nobody knows about this test?

here the details:

Q1 What is the JobReady test?
The JobReady Test is a part of the assessment process to ensure that people who wish to migrate are able to participate in the labour market in the area of their skills and knowledge. The test is currently being developed by the Government in consultation with industry and unions.
The test will initially be applied to trade occupations.
Q2 Why do I have to do it?
A key aim of the GSM program has traditionally been to achieve the migration of “job ready” applicants to supplement the labour market. Employers are looking for employees who are “job ready” and can hit the ground running.
Job ready migrants are more likely to find employment quickly, which leads to improved settlement outcomes for migrants.
The JobReady Test will also ensure consistency of skills and competency across migrants.
Q3 I started my study this year and won’t finish until next year, will it affect me?
If you apply for a GSM visa, other than the 485 or 887 visa, and your nominated occupation is a trade occupation, you will have to meet the JobReady requirement.
Q4 When will JobReady Test become effective?
The JobReady Test will come into effect from 1 January 2010. Applicants who nominate a trade occupation for migration purposes after this date will have to meet the JobReady Test requirement.
Q5 Is the testing process for onshore applications the same as offshore applications?
Yes. The test may vary from occupation to occupation and from one country to another. The Government may target particular cohorts and occupations from time to time.
Q6 Is the JobReady Test the same for all trade occupations?
No, the test may take slightly different forms depending on the occupation, but could be applied to any trade occupation.
Q7 How much will it cost?
The cost is yet to be determined.
Q8 Is there an expiry date for a JobReady test?
This is yet to be determined.
Q9 Will the JobReady Test be necessary for all trade occupations?
The test will be targeted towards particular occupations from time to time.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 1:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reddragon81
nobody knows about this test?

here the details:

Q1 What is the JobReady test?

Could you please state the source of this information?
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

sure

www.immi.gov.au

specifically

http://www.immi.gov.au/search/search...e&num_ranks=10

click on the first result and a .pdf document will pop up

cheers
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhh, that is interesting, so it looks like from the last bit that you won't always need the test? Depending on what they are looking for at the time? Does anyone else read it that way?
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 1:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reddragon81
sure

www.immi.gov.au

specifically

http://www.immi.gov.au/search/search...e&num_ranks=10

click on the first result and a .pdf document will pop up

cheers
Thanks
Old Jul 29th 2009, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

does anyone know if this test is only for onshore applicants or ALSO for offshore?
Old Jul 29th 2009, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

i answer myself

Is the testing process for onshore applications the same as offshore applications?

Yes. The test may vary from occupation to occupation and from one country to another. The Government may target particular cohorts and occupations from time to time.