Its gone very quiet

Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

ian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Its gone very quiet

Anybody know why visa issues have slowed right down. Posted our meds off five weeks ago, its very frustrating I know be patient, thats easier said than done.
Anyone else in the same situation?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all
Default Re: Its gone very quiet

I did read from another post that the delay is due to the back log they are clearing from the last financial year (prior 1st July). Also staff shortages due to it being the school holiday's in oz and training of staff ready for the new changes in September.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

SEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian_s
Anybody know why visa issues have slowed right down. Posted our meds off five weeks ago, its very frustrating I know be patient, thats easier said than done.
Anyone else in the same situation?
Hi Ian,

I got my visa granted just this morning. However I had been waiting 14 weeks since I sent my medicals until today when I received the grant letter.

I actually called ASPC last week asking they could verify if they had indeed recieved and cleared my medicals after waiting 13 weeks, and enquired about the application status. The officer I talked to said they are experiencing delays because of the extreme amount of applications that have received lately - she claimed, to quote her, that the case officers at ASPC are "currently processing something like 200 applications, each, at the moment - and are under a lot of pressure which is why you have not heard anything yet.".

Hang in there - hopefully you'll get it very soon.

Cheers,
Andy

Last edited by SEAndy; Jul 17th 2007 at 9:55 am.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Dawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant future

our meds arrived on 12th june and pccs sent on 14th so we in same boat just sat waiting, al we can do is hope things speed up a bit

good luck all waiting on the big decision
Old Jul 17th 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

ian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by SEAndy
Hi Ian,

I got my visa granted just this morning. However I had been waiting 14 weeks since I sent my medicals until today when I received the grant letter.

I actually called ASPC last week asking they could verify if they had indeed recieved and cleared my medicals after waiting 13 weeks, and enquired about the application status. The officer I talked to said they are experiencing delays because of the extreme amount of applications that have received lately - she claimed, to quote her, that the case officers at ASPC are "currently processing something like 200 applications, each, at the moment - and are under a lot of pressure which is why you have not heard anything yet.".

Cheers,
Andy
Congratulations on your visa - 14 weeks is an awfully long time Hope the rest of us aren't waiting that long. Which region were you under, we are in region 3.
I'm presuming the large number of applications they are dealing with is due to people trying to beat the 1st of September deadline for the new changes.

Ian.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 10:29 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SEAndy
Hi Ian,

Cheers,
Andy
14 weeks
We are on week 7 since our police checks were emailed and my patience is already running thin!
i hope i dont have to wait for another 7 weeks!!

congratulations on your visa!

I hope the visas for the rest of us turn up soon

Tiggs
Old Jul 17th 2007, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dawn&Andy
our meds arrived on 12th june and pccs sent on 14th so we in same boat just sat waiting, al we can do is hope things speed up a bit

good luck all waiting on the big decision
Our pccs were sent in April and our meds went on 15th June so very similar to yourself. Get onto the computer at work every morning at about 9.15 and check e-mails thinking todays the day but nothing. Then more frustratingly I come on here to see that nobody else is posting "GOT IT" either. We are December applicants.
Fingers crossed for you.

Ian.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 11:55 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

We are in the same position and as positions go, its an uncomforable one.

Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

SEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really niceSEAndy is just really nice

Congratulations on your visa - 14 weeks is an awfully long time Hope the rest of us aren't waiting that long. Which region were you under, we are in region 3.
I'm presuming the large number of applications they are dealing with is due to people trying to beat the 1st of September deadline for the new changes.

Ian.
Thanks.

I originally had a case officer in Region 5, but my case was apparently taken over (and granted) by another case officer in Region 4 a couple of weeks ago.My guess is that this is what contributed to the long wait in my case.

Andy
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

lucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the rough

Hi All

I am just another one in the same not happy position. I've sent medicals and everything else on 1st may, so far 11 weeks and got nothing.. no news... I am tired of contacting my agent and the agent is tired of me as well.

Being honest, if I got visa in 14 weeks I will be really happy.

My agent said the delay is really due new computer system to be launched on 1st September, huge back log of 100.000 cases and new 500 applications / day.

I wish the best luck to all of us !
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lucianospec
Hi All

I am just another one in the same not happy position. I've sent medicals and everything else on 1st may, so far 11 weeks and got nothing.. no news... I am tired of contacting my agent and the agent is tired of me as well.

Being honest, if I got visa in 14 weeks I will be really happy.

My agent said the delay is really due new computer system to be launched on 1st September, huge back log of 100.000 cases and new 500 applications / day.

I wish the best luck to all of us !
why dont they put immigration officer on the shortage list. I wouldnt mind doing that imagine the power, could have a nice leather chair and a white fluffy cat to sit on my lap.

Seriously though, if they have such a high number of applications just think of the money rolling in for them. Surely they could draft in more staff. Im really frustrated, and thats before i get to OZ, my employer in OZ is asking when I will arrive, its utter s*ite
Old Jul 19th 2007, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

snowwhite76 will become famous soon enoughsnowwhite76 will become famous soon enough

We also in the same possition our meds were in sydney on the 11 june and nothing they are not sure if they are lost co email agent to say not got them.She then got on to lcu in sydney and they have said they are experiencing problems and have a backlog of meds so the waiting time is 8 to 10 weeks great!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 10:50 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowwhite76
We also in the same possition our meds were in sydney on the 11 june and nothing they are not sure if they are lost co email agent to say not got them.She then got on to lcu in sydney and they have said they are experiencing problems and have a backlog of meds so the waiting time is 8 to 10 weeks great!!!!!!!!!!
8-10 weeks

I think I might cry.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 4:41 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
8-10 weeks

I think I might cry.

Hi PP,

hope this helps.

received this Tuesday :

" I have just spoken to your caseworker at the Department regarding the medical situation. She said that the LCU are currently processing medicals up to June 17th"

Ours arrived 15th June, and we received the magic email today (only a 457, but I dont think that makes any difference)

C'mon honey. You have been patient for a very very long time. Just a little while now. Fingers crossed for you and the family.

Paul.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

boyz119 will become famous soon enoughboyz119 will become famous soon enough

Our pccs were sent in April and our meds went on 15th June so very similar to yourself. Get onto the computer at work every morning at about 9.15 and check e-mails thinking todays the day but nothing. Then more frustratingly I come on here to see that nobody else is posting "GOT IT" either. We are December applicants.
Fingers crossed for you.

Ian.
I do this too, everyday without fail. :curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.