Introduction

Old Aug 8th 2004, 9:29 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough
Default Introduction

Hi there everyone,
I have been replying to threads and not introduced myself properly!
We are a family of 3, living in South Wales.
I'm a duel Ozzie/UK Citizen and hubbie has applied for a spouse visa (with our son on his visa application).
Applied for visa in May 04, but had a delay due to hubbies ex-wife refusing to arrange their daughters' medical (even though his daughter is not migrating with us) aaarrrrggghhhh! Ex-wife finally gave in and daughters' medical was arranged on 5th August 2004.
Everything else needed for the visa was supplied in May, so we are hoping that the visa will be granted within the next few weeks (based on how quickly everyones spouse visas are being granted!).
Hoping to move over to Oz around Nov once house sold and heading for Bracken Ridge area in Brisbane. Will be renting a house then until we've secured jobs and will then buy.
Love to hear from anyone in similar situation???
Old Aug 8th 2004, 10:03 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi there everyone,
I have been replying to threads and not introduced myself properly!
We are a family of 3, living in South Wales.
I'm a duel Ozzie/UK Citizen and hubbie has applied for a spouse visa (with our son on his visa application).
Out of interest, why have you not registered your son as an Australian citizen by descent? Were you born or naturalised in Australia yourself, or were you born overseas to an Australian parent?

Jeremy
Old Aug 8th 2004, 10:17 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JAJ
Out of interest, why have you not registered your son as an Australian citizen by descent? Were you born or naturalised in Australia yourself, or were you born overseas to an Australian parent?

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy,
I'm a duel UK/Oz citizen born in Oz, but I didn't realise until after my son had his medical that we could register him as an Oz citizen!
We don't want to delay the visa any further and thought it would be better now to wait until we're in Oz and register him then.
By the way, you've answered a few questions of mine recently and thanks for that. One of them was regarding my hubbies ex-wife refsuing to arrange their daughters' medical, but the ex-wife has given in now - thank God!
So hopefully we'll hear soon as everything will have been submitted (as long as the panel doctor sends the medical bck to the AHC this week).
Cheers again
Old Aug 8th 2004, 10:28 pm
CON
Banned

CON is on a distinguished road

Hi, we are living in Wales at the moment too although we originate from Bath, great site this I just wish I'd found it earlier on in the process. Good luck with the visa grant.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:23 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Shecha and Con

Where abouts do you both live in South Wales I'm from Bridgend. We have been accepted for STNI by SA and are just now waiting on our visas. House is on the market and all systems ready to go hopefulyl moving out by the end of the year!

Sasha
Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:40 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

Originally Posted by snappy
Shecha and Con

Where abouts do you both live in South Wales I'm from Bridgend. We have been accepted for STNI by SA and are just now waiting on our visas. House is on the market and all systems ready to go hopefulyl moving out by the end of the year!

Sasha
Hi Sasha,

We are from Newport and we are about to put our house on the market whilst waiting for the visa to come through.
Where in Oz are you heading???
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:33 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Hi Sasha,

We are from Newport and we are about to put our house on the market whilst waiting for the visa to come through.
Where in Oz are you heading???
We're going to Adelaide South Australia. After looking around Australia this was the one place I liked the look of and the thought of bringing up our children, so even before all the changes in July this is where we wanted to move.

Sasha
Old Aug 9th 2004, 11:32 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jeremy,
I'm a duel UK/Oz citizen born in Oz, but I didn't realise until after my son had his medical that we could register him as an Oz citizen!
We don't want to delay the visa any further and thought it would be better now to wait until we're in Oz and register him then.
Cheers again
So many Australians don't seem to realise they can usually register overseas born children as Australian citizens by descent. And *must* do so for the child to become Australian.

It's hardly surprising there are so many sad stories where people miss the time limits to register as citizens by descent.

As soon as your son is an Australian citizen, his visa immediately ceases to have effect. You can register him as Australian onshore or offshore - where you should apply depends on exactly how soon you plan to migrate.

Jeremy
Old Aug 10th 2004, 10:57 pm
CON
Banned

CON is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by snappy
Shecha and Con

Sasha
Hello, we are from Bath but we are temporarily staying with relatives in Cardiff and moving on to Mumbles next weekend, beautiful part of the Country down here, we walked to the top of Pen-y-fan last week, something we have wanted to do as we have now climbed all the highest peaks in England and Wales (I climbed Snowdon when I was 13).
Good luck with your house sale, we know what you are going through as we are selling our's at the moment too, hence the tour of the relatives before we go for good.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 5:38 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

Originally Posted by CON
Hello, we are from Bath but we are temporarily staying with relatives in Cardiff and moving on to Mumbles next weekend, beautiful part of the Country down here, we walked to the top of Pen-y-fan last week, something we have wanted to do as we have now climbed all the highest peaks in England and Wales (I climbed Snowdon when I was 13).
Good luck with your house sale, we know what you are going through as we are selling our's at the moment too, hence the tour of the relatives before we go for good.

Cheers Con,
I haven't climbed any peaks in Wales or England, in fact the more I think about it - there's loads I haven't done (which I bet I'll wish I had done prior to emigrating!!!)
I haven't even been to Cardiff Castle which is about 12 miles away from where I live!!
Oh well, better get cracking and do some of these thing within the next few months before we go.
Good luck with your house sale, hope there's no delays.!