Interdependency Visa Query

Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

kelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant future
Default Interdependency Visa Query

Hi everyone!
As I have recently been granted my visa (skilled designated area sponsored) I am starting to make plans. I need to start thinking of the best route to take with regards to my partner coming over with me. After doing some research it appears the Interdenpency Visa is the best route. However, we have no evidence of our relationship for the last 12 months here in the UK due to us having to honour two separate 12 month leases at different properties. I was therefore thinking that as I have to validate my visa by Oct 2005 she could come over with me on a years working holiday visa. We would then be able to set up house together, open joint bank accounts, utility bills etc and hopefully gather enough evidence of our relationship over the next 12 months whilst we are over there. Has anyone else gone down this route? Is there a less complicated route to go down? Another complication is that she doesn't have a degree -does this matter? Oooh its all so complicated! Any advice/suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Kelx
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:31 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interdependency Visa Query

Originally Posted by kelusa
Hi everyone!
As I have recently been granted my visa (skilled designated area sponsored) I am starting to make plans. I need to start thinking of the best route to take with regards to my partner coming over with me. After doing some research it appears the Interdenpency Visa is the best route. However, we have no evidence of our relationship for the last 12 months here in the UK due to us having to honour two separate 12 month leases at different properties. I was therefore thinking that as I have to validate my visa by Oct 2005 she could come over with me on a years working holiday visa. We would then be able to set up house together, open joint bank accounts, utility bills etc and hopefully gather enough evidence of our relationship over the next 12 months whilst we are over there. Has anyone else gone down this route? Is there a less complicated route to go down? Another complication is that she doesn't have a degree -does this matter? Oooh its all so complicated! Any advice/suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Kelx
1. Skills are irrelevant for interdependency
2. The working holiday visa gives a max of 12 months in Australia (subject to the recent changes for seasonal harvest workers). While DIMIA will look for *at least* 12 months cohabitation.
3. An application for a new visa must be submitted before the WHV expires. Be careful applying for a tourist visa onshore as there is a risk of a 'no further stay' condition.
4. Working holidaymakers are expected to plan to leave Australia at the end of their stay.

You should contact a good agent for visa planning. In the meantime, make sure you validate your visa on time.

Jeremy
Old Apr 20th 2005, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

kelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant futurekelusa has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JAJ
1. Skills are irrelevant for interdependency
2. The working holiday visa gives a max of 12 months in Australia (subject to the recent changes for seasonal harvest workers). While DIMIA will look for *at least* 12 months cohabitation.
3. An application for a new visa must be submitted before the WHV expires. Be careful applying for a tourist visa onshore as there is a risk of a 'no further stay' condition.
4. Working holidaymakers are expected to plan to leave Australia at the end of their stay.

You should contact a good agent for visa planning. In the meantime, make sure you validate your visa on time.

Jeremy
Thanks for the reply. She will apply for the WHV before we go over in Oct and then apply for the Interdependency visa onshore in Oz. Do you think this is a sensible route to take and have you heard of anyone else doing it this way?
Many thanks.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:17 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply. She will apply for the WHV before we go over in Oct and then apply for the Interdependency visa onshore in Oz. Do you think this is a sensible route to take and have you heard of anyone else doing it this way?
Many thanks.
It's possible provided it's approached with care. As always, your specific circumstances may make things easier or harder.

Jeremy
Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
It's possible provided it's approached with care. As always, your specific circumstances may make things easier or harder.

Jeremy
So what specific circumstances would make things easier? I'd really appreciate it if you could give me any advice.
Thanks.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 6:29 pm
JAJ
Retired

So what specific circumstances would make things easier? I'd really appreciate it if you could give me any advice.
Thanks.

You need to hire a good migration agent for that kind of advice, it's not something you can get on an online forum.

Jeremy
Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
You need to hire a good migration agent for that kind of advice, it's not something you can get on an online forum.

Jeremy
Why, would you say that this is a much more complicated process than applying for the designated area sponsored independent visa? I ask as I applied successfully for the above visa without an agent.
Thanks.