Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Inquiries about starting GSM Visa Application

Inquiries about starting GSM Visa Application

Old Sep 27th 2011, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

sam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to behold
Default Inquiries about starting GSM Visa Application

Hi every one,

I am planning to start applying for Australian residence under the GSM (General Skilled Migrant) category. I have some inquiries that i would need to put a head before starting the application's process.
I am an IT professional working in UAE as an IT Technical Trainer. I have 6+ years of experience in IT support and training. As I understand from the Australian Immigration Site, I need to send off my qualification(Degree and work experience ) for assessment by the ACS (Australian Computer Society) before lodging the application.
My inquiries are as follows:
1. My current job tittle do not really match with any of the recognized IT roles mentioned in the ACS list. Would this be a problem? I mean that I can provide evidences that my current role's tasks can be relatively closed to Developer job or System Analyst one. Can I send documents that would show job tasks closely match the major tasks of a nominated occupation from the ACS, ALTHOUGH JOB TITLE IS NOT THE SAME?
2. Do I need to sit for an IELTS test now and send the result along with my documents for assessment by ACS?
3. How long does it take me to get reply from the ACS for the outcome of my assessment?
4. I am turning to 32 years old in this November. If I start lodging my application after completing 32 yrs, then would I still be considered in the Age group of 32 and below in order to qualify for 10 points?

Any feedback will be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Sam