Inland Revenue tax Assessment notices

Old Aug 12th 2005, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of
Default Inland Revenue tax Assessment notices

We have just had a request from our CO asking for these forms for the last few years. With this in the text;

"I am looking for evidence to substantiate your claims of having worked in a skilled occupation, for at least 20 hours per week, for a period of 3 of 4 years prior to the lodgement of your application."
My wife sent in her self assessment forms in, but it had "sole trader" not her profession (hairdressing) in there...

Can anyone advise...as we are now going to the tax office to try and clarify the wording
Old Aug 12th 2005, 7:38 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inland Revenue tax Assessment notices

Originally Posted by Steve2438
We have just had a request from our CO asking for these forms for the last few years. With this in the text;

"I am looking for evidence to substantiate your claims of having worked in a skilled occupation, for at least 20 hours per week, for a period of 3 of 4 years prior to the lodgement of your application."
My wife sent in her self assessment forms in, but it had "sole trader" not her profession (hairdressing) in there...

Can anyone advise...as we are now going to the tax office to try and clarify the wording
Steve

I wouldn't worry too much. You're TRA assessment tells them your wife is qualified, and as long as she can provide payslips, or if self employed - customer testimonies, her work as a Hairdresser should be taken as justified.

A friend's migration agent asked her to get a letter from the Inland Revenue confirming her being registered self employed and having submitted tax assessments. I think this is because any ****er can get tax forms, fill them out, photocopy them and send them as evidence, without actually ever lodging them with the Tax Office.

So just phone your local Tax Office (number will be in the phone book), explain you require a letter to assist with your visa application, and ask for something containing the wording that your wife has been registered since ....... and she has submitted legitimate tax forms since this time.

My wife and I are in the same boat mate. She's a self employed mobile Hairdresser and we're waiting for a letter to come back from our local Tax Office as we speak.

Good luck, and if you want to e-mail me, I'm on - [email protected]

Regards

Lewis
Old Aug 14th 2005, 7:54 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

The Inland Revenue's standard statements don't confirm the occupation of self employed taxpayers - at least they don't since Self Assessment came in about 8 years ago. You may be able to obtain a statement from your tax office confirming your self employed status, but it probably won't confirm your occupation.

'tis probably best to obtain a statement from your wife's accountant and to support this with evidence such as any invoices or receipts she has issued, statements from one or two of her customers, and some certified copy invoices for hairdressing related supplies.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by Steve2438

Old Aug 14th 2005, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
The Inland Revenue's standard statements don't confirm the occupation of self employed taxpayers - at least they don't since Self Assessment came in about 8 years ago. You may be able to obtain a statement from your tax office confirming your self employed status, but it probably won't confirm your occupation.

'tis probably best to obtain a statement from your wife's accountant and to support this with evidence such as any invoices or receipts she has issued, statements from one or two of her customers, and some certified copy invoices for hairdressing related supplies.

Best regards.
Hi Alan,thanks for that,in hind sight we think its the tax statement for year ending 04 that the CO is after...we are getting copies from IR now,we have letters from Account,customers and invoices from suppliers all sent to CO...so hopefully that will be enough