Initial Entry Date Extension

Old Sep 15th 2009, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

creed147 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Initial Entry Date Extension

Hi All,

I've been granted VISA today. Yipee! But wait..My initial entry date is 1st of October 2009. This is not so pleasant considering my baby is just 2 months old. I think the Initial entry date is 1st of Oct 2009 because my initial police clearance certificate expires on 2nd Oct 2009. But I have submitted an updated police clearance which is valid till 15th Sep 2010 last week along with new-born information. Looks like the officer has not considered the updated police clearance although he has considered the new-born information which is sent in the same mail.

My question is will it be OK to inform this to the case officer and ask for an extension of the initial entry date?

Thank you all!
Creed!
Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all
Default Re: Initial Entry Date Extension

You can try but I thought that the date cannot be changed once the visa has been issued.

I am sure others are better informed than me.

Charlie
Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think they will extend for a young baby, I think they will point out that babies are allowed on planes. I wonder if it is normal to not use your latest PCC, perhaps someone else will comment on that. A very good example to the rest of us as to why front loading is not always a good idea.

Good luck.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 10:29 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by creed147
Hi All,

I've been granted VISA today. Yipee! But wait..My initial entry date is 1st of October 2009. This is not so pleasant considering my baby is just 2 months old. I think the Initial entry date is 1st of Oct 2009 because my initial police clearance certificate expires on 2nd Oct 2009. But I have submitted an updated police clearance which is valid till 15th Sep 2010 last week along with new-born information. Looks like the officer has not considered the updated police clearance although he has considered the new-born information which is sent in the same mail.

My question is will it be OK to inform this to the case officer and ask for an extension of the initial entry date?

Thank you all!
Creed!
Possible but not probable. Give it a try and the worst they can say is no.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 2:56 am
Just Joined

Thank you all for the replies. I will send a mail to my CO today and keep my fingers crossed. Will update you all in the outcome.

Anyone can point me to tips regarding travelling with a very young child?

Cheers!
Creed.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 3:35 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

What about your medicals, were they done a year ago?
Old Sep 16th 2009, 3:55 am
Just Joined

They were done an year ago as well. But I have redone them together with my new-born medicals recently. They must have considered my new-born medical which means they have received the latest medicals as well.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 5:12 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by creed147
Thank you all for the replies. I will send a mail to my CO today and keep my fingers crossed. Will update you all in the outcome.

Anyone can point me to tips regarding travelling with a very young child?

Cheers!
Creed.
Ask for a cot and a bulkhead seat as far in advance as you can. If the baby is going to be on formula you can bring a couple of bottles empty bottles on board with you and tins of pre-mixed formula. Try to have the baby either sucking on a dummy or feeding during take off and landing so their ears don't get sore. Bring some formula that the baby is used to in your luggage for when you get here so you're not running to the shops 5 minutes after landing looking for a way to feed a hungry baby.

Your baby will be very young (likely), so you don't need to worry about him/her running up and down the aisles bothering other people. Babies sleep, eat and poop pretty much for the first few months, so that's what they'll do on the plane. And relax about travelling with him/her. Babies sense when their parents are anxious and it only makes them anxious.

My daughter started flying when she was only 8 weeks old and now 15 years later she's an old pro able to sleep through just about anything.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Hi Everyone,

I just received a mail from my CO informing that my initial entry date has been extended. This is fantastic. I really appreciate the sensible and humane way they handle our inquiries. I'm more eager to go and live in Aussi now!!!

Thank you all for all the advice and information.

Cheers!
Creed