Information, help and advice

Old Feb 20th 2014, 5:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Information, help and advice

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Not sure what visa they were quoting - 457 is $1035 on the latest price list
Actually thats probably from an out of date website - thats the old cost of a 457
Old Feb 20th 2014, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

jons42uk is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks like SkillSelect lets you work and live anywhere in Australia so its either that or employer sponsorship i guess.

I have emailed the authorities just to make sure i understand it all - phew!

Let's see what they say.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jons42uk
It looks like SkillSelect lets you work and live anywhere in Australia so its either that or employer sponsorship i guess.

I have emailed the authorities just to make sure i understand it all - phew!

Let's see what they say.

Lets see what who says? The authorities are not there to make sure you understand it, they usually don't understand themselves. If you want help with understanding, well you can pay an agent or you can ask us on here as many if us have been through the same process.

Much of this has already been explained to you. Skill select is just the name for the skilled migration program. Your occupation is only on the CSOL, which means you need sponsorship. We have checked a couple of state sponsorship lists for you and your occupation is not on there. You need to check the other state sponsorship lists as previously advised, have you done this yet?

If your occupation is not in the state sponsorship lists (my gut feeling is it won't be), then you only have one option and that is employer sponsorship.

So you have to find a willing sponsoring employer and you also need to think about your long term strategy and the risks, especially for your eldest child potentially being left out in the future if you start off with a temporary visa.

Last edited by Bermudashorts; Feb 20th 2014 at 6:45 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Lets see what who says? The authorities are not there to make sure you understand it, they usually don't understand themselves. If you want help with understanding, well you can pay an agent or you can ask us on here as many if us have been through the same process.

Much of this has already been explained to you. Skill select is just the name for the skilled migration program. Your occupation is only on the CSOL, which means you need sponsorship. We have checked a couple of state sponsorship lists for you and your occupation is not on there. You need to check the other state sponsorship lists as previously advised, have you done this yet?

If your occupation is not in the state sponsorship lists (my gut feeling is it won't be), then you only have one option and that is employer sponsorship.

So you have to find a willing sponsoring employer and you also need to think about your long term strategy and the risks, especially for your eldest child potentially being left out in the future if you start off with a temporary visa.
Thanks for that
Old Feb 21st 2014, 4:25 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that
If you really are having trouble getting your head round it, you need to chat to a registered migration agent, not to the immigration department. An agent will go through all your options and work out if there is a way for you to get a visa. DIBP wil just answer your queries, not always accurately,and will not suggest alternatives.
Old Feb 21st 2014, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you really are having trouble getting your head round it, you need to chat to a registered migration agent, not to the immigration department. An agent will go through all your options and work out if there is a way for you to get a visa. DIBP wil just answer your queries, not always accurately,and will not suggest alternatives.
Thanks for the Pollyana, i may well do that - can you recommend and agent?

As it happens i have received a very helpful reply with full explanations and the links to the appropriate visa.

They have also supplied links to job search websites in Australia which i thought was helpful.

Combined with the help i have received here I'm getting there

Thanks again Pollyana
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 6:40 am
Home and Happy

Thanks for the Pollyana, i may well do that - can you recommend and agent?

As it happens i have received a very helpful reply with full explanations and the links to the appropriate visa.

They have also supplied links to job search websites in Australia which i thought was helpful.

Combined with the help i have received here I'm getting there

Thanks again Pollyana
Several agents post on here and have their contact details in their signatures - George Lombard, Alan Collett amd TeeTMI are three I can recommend

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 22nd 2014 at 6:49 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 7:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Several agents post on here and have their contact details in their signatures - George Lombard, Alan Collett amd TeeTMI are three I can recommend
Thank you!