Info on Medicals Costs

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:39 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Info on Medicals Costs

Just a few lines to put you up to date on the quote I had for medicals yesterday, at the approved doctor in Dover:

Medical for adult: £85.00 each
Medical for child (under 15): £55.00 each
1 blood test because of my tattoo: £40.00
X-rays (for all of us - children over 11): $45.00 each

Also need 2 passport photos for each person - I guess that adds another £16.00

So.... we're looking at £516 for a family of four.... I've seen worse

They're advising 3 weeks at the moment for appointments.

Hope this is of use to someone
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info on Medicals Costs

Did the cost include the HIV test for both adults then, as you don't seem to have mentioned it? If so, that is a good price!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

We're paying £922 for 3 adults 1 child including blood tests, xrays, medicals and courier charges. This is in Surrey near Gatwick.
I thought it was reasonable and no hassle as they do everything at once and arrange the sending.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:49 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beccie
We're paying £922 for 3 adults 1 child including blood tests, xrays, medicals and courier charges. This is in Surrey near Gatwick.
I thought it was reasonable and no hassle as they do everything at once and arrange the sending.
Looks like you are going to the same docs i went to back in November - if so, they were very efficient and helpful. The doctor was very nice with my daughter! I must say though that it was a NIGHTMARE getting a urine sample from my 5 yo daughter - it all got rather messy
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:59 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Did the cost include the HIV test for both adults then, as you don't seem to have mentioned it? If so, that is a good price!
HIV test
No-one mentioned any HIV test to me!
The lady on the phone was pretty thorough....maybe it is included & I didn't realise. Looks like I'll be ringing them again on Monday - thanks
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
HIV test
The lady on the phone was pretty thorough....maybe it is included & I didn't realise. Looks like I'll be ringing them again on Monday - thanks
Everyone has to do HIV (over 16) & Hep B & C I think for medical people & tatts!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JenniGee
HIV test
Hi we went there in December, doctor is really nice.
£95 for adult medical
£55 for child
£40 for HIV blood test which is mandatory for over 15's
£45 at Buckland for xray (over 11's)
Was told I would need another blood test as I have a small tattoo,doctor saw it but didn't say anything. (for hep b or c can't remember)
Total for 2 adults and 2 children (aged 2 and 12) = £515

There was a breast exam and OH had to have a quick exam ( not cough and drop!) doctor just had a quick peek to check he had all his bits! I was asked if I wanted OH in for my exam but I felt comfortable enough with the doctor so didn't bother.
Do you know Dover well if so turn off the A20 at the B2011 exit as it's quicker than going through the town. The medical centre is a white building on the right hand side of the road just before the station (assuming you go the B2011 route) .The parking was full when we went so we parked in a side road to the left about 50? meters past the surgery. There is also free parking on the main road just past Buckland if you don't want to pay for parking.

Oh I forgot you need a photocopy of each persons passport photo page as well. One each for the medical and one each for the xray

Last edited by TMRE; Feb 3rd 2008 at 4:45 pm. Reason: extra info
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Looks like you are going to the same docs i went to back in November - if so, they were very efficient and helpful. The doctor was very nice with my daughter! I must say though that it was a NIGHTMARE getting a urine sample from my 5 yo daughter - it all got rather messy
I bet Mine are 11 & 16 so shouldn't be to messy
Will he tell us if we are classed a A's or B's