info for contributory parent visa

Old Aug 25th 2005, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default info for contributory parent visa

rang immi yesterday regarding the length of wait the above visa

i was informed that you get an ack 4/5 weeks after lodging and then a further 4-5 weeks away the case officer request meds any any further info

my moms has been in 14 weeks with just an ack so none the wiser really - they told me that the 4-5 weeks is just a guideline!
Old Aug 25th 2005, 3:00 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice
Default Re: info for contributory parent visa

Originally Posted by thewoods
rang immi yesterday regarding the length of wait the above visa

i was informed that you get an ack 4/5 weeks after lodging and then a further 4-5 weeks away the case officer request meds any any further info

my moms has been in 14 weeks with just an ack so none the wiser really - they told me that the 4-5 weeks is just a guideline!
Do you have to be here for 2 years before applying, or can you start beforehand. We have a PR visa due to hubby coming out on a ENS. Would love to get Mum over here asap as she is not getting any younger or fitter! Many thanks
ViVi
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vivi
Do you have to be here for 2 years before applying, or can you start beforehand. We have a PR visa due to hubby coming out on a ENS. Would love to get Mum over here asap as she is not getting any younger or fitter! Many thanks
ViVi
hi they quote a settled periond of time which they classify as 2 years -we lodged the application when we had been here 21 months because the immigration dept told us that at the time of the grant they check to see if you have been here 2 years - but it is not set in stone - you can get away with it if yu can prove you are settled so i sent along letters from our employers, letters from the kids schools, our house details - this then proves you are settled - ie in permanent employment, kids in school and have bought a house

i sent a fax to immi yesterday to get them to communicate with me direct and my mom has now been allocated a case officer si hopefully things are on the move

its difficult when you you leave ypur mum - but mine came out when i had been here 2 months - she satyed 3 months then she came back again 10 months later for 6 months and hopefully next time she comes it will be for good
Old Aug 26th 2005, 8:19 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Originally Posted by thewoods
hi they quote a settled periond of time which they classify as 2 years -we lodged the application when we had been here 21 months because the immigration dept told us that at the time of the grant they check to see if you have been here 2 years - but it is not set in stone - you can get away with it if yu can prove you are settled so i sent along letters from our employers, letters from the kids schools, our house details - this then proves you are settled - ie in permanent employment, kids in school and have bought a house

i sent a fax to immi yesterday to get them to communicate with me direct and my mom has now been allocated a case officer si hopefully things are on the move

its difficult when you you leave ypur mum - but mine came out when i had been here 2 months - she satyed 3 months then she came back again 10 months later for 6 months and hopefully next time she comes it will be for good
Many thanks for that. We will definately get on the case as soon as is deemed near "settled" However having said that having a hubby with a pr visa and job for life and have bought a house and no intentions of going back I would love DIMIA to say yes now after 6 months!!
Would love to know how your mum gets on and what hoops she needs to jump through!! Also how much stuff you have to do from this end.....would really be grateful!! My 75 year old mum is coming out in November for a month, I really hope she loves it. Having said that I am her only relative (my brother removed himself years ago!) so she is desperate to be here with us and her only grandchild!! Will keep my fingers crossed for you.
ViVi
Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

hiya

your mom is consierably older than mine and he has other options to get out here - she could go for the aged parent visa

also she can applt for a long stay tourist via like my mom did and that has nultiple entries of 6 months at anytme in 4 years - because of your moms age she could get a year at a time and as long as she doesnt get a no further stay slapped on her visa(like my mom did!!) she can apply from oz and get a bridging visa until her permanent visa comes thorugh and never have to leave!! i know of someone that has done that