Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Indian PCC - is it obtainable without submitting original passport ?

Indian PCC - is it obtainable without submitting original passport ?

Old Jun 20th 2004, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

soum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Indian PCC - is it obtainable without submitting original passport ?

Hi,
Anybody who has done it or knows something about it.
Is there anyway to get an indian PCC without submitting passport from overseas or while in the country ?
Thanx
Old Jun 21st 2004, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

abhityagi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indian PCC - is it obtainable without submitting original passport ?

I think you have to go to indian embassy in the country of residence and ask for the PCC, will like to know more as i will also have to take the same route eventually.

Originally posted by soum
Hi,
Is there anyway to get an indian PCC without submitting passport from overseas or while in the country ?
Thanx
Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:48 am

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Indian PCC - is it obtainable without submitting original passport ?

Hi,
Thanx
You have to produce your Passport before the Indian Embassy at your residing country for verification and would be returned back immediately. (may be possible with an Indian high comm attested photocopy, this you have to check with them) Normally if your passport is issued by that office, you can get the PCC within 48 hours or else it may go beyond one month.

Here in Malaysia it take nearly 1 month.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

sid1104 is an unknown quantity at this point

If in India, and if applying for PCC thru' Regional Passport Office - You have to submit your Passport with the application.

I did the same and got PCC/ Passport back next day. If you opt for the PCC/ Passport to be sent via Registered Post back to you, it may take around 10 days.

If your Passport in more than 5 years old, it may take longer (around 2 months) as the Police verification at your given address is done again (as when you apply for a Passport)

But you know how to get it faster in India..
Old Jun 21st 2004, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

soum is an unknown quantity at this point

Here in the Indian embassy(canberra) i was told you would have to submit your passport and it generally takes atleast 6 weeks to get PCC done. Problem is i cannot submit my passport for that long since i need it for travel overseas. What other options do i have ?
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

madankumars is an unknown quantity at this point

I didnt have to surrender it, here in IHC London UK.

They asked me to produce it for verification while applying, and I was asked to bring my passport again while collecting it.

Havent collected it yet.

Cheers
Madan

Here in the Indian embassy(canberra) i was told you would have to submit your passport and it generally takes atleast 6 weeks to get PCC done. Problem is i cannot submit my passport for that long since i need it for travel overseas. What other options do i have ?
Old Jun 21st 2004, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

ind2aus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have done it in US. All you need is to submit a copy with the application for PCC and proof of residence in that country.

It might take upto 45 days to get approval from India. After 45 days you can take your original passport and get the PCC but at that time they stamp in the passport for PCC issued for Australia.

Originally posted by madankumars
I didnt have to surrender it, here in IHC London UK.

They asked me to produce it for verification while applying, and I was asked to bring my passport again while collecting it.

Havent collected it yet.

Cheers
Madan
Old Jun 21st 2004, 1:49 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally posted by ind2aus
Hi,

I have done it in US. All you need is to submit a copy with the application for PCC and proof of residence in that country.

It might take upto 45 days to get approval from India. After 45 days you can take your original passport and get the PCC but at that time they stamp in the passport for PCC issued for Australia.
I am doing the same. I applied at the dutch embassy in Holland. They requested for a copy of my passport. They also informed that the evalution could take around three months Strange there is big difference between the duration posted in the previous posts. I have to present my passport when the have received the documents from India to obtain the pcc

Cheers
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 12:18 am

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough

They will give you back after verification that day itself. Just give a call to the Indian Embassy and enquire.