Ind. Australian Sponsored June 2003

Old Mar 6th 2004, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Trax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ind. Australian Sponsored June 2003

Hi all,

We have applied for Visa 138 Ind. Sponsored, and our ack. date was 20th June 2003. I notice that a lot of June applicants are getting their request for Medicals etc. We sent our meds. off a couple of weeks ago even though they hadn't been requested yet.

My question is - Seeing that sponsored visas take longer to process (supposedly about 59 weeks) due to the sponsor info being checked out etc, are these sponsor checks usually done before the medicals are requested, or after all the medical info has been requested and approved by DIMIA?

Best wishes to all those June applicants who are sooooo close now. Hopefully we won't be too far behind.

Trax
Old Mar 8th 2004, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

goodie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ind. Australian Sponsored June 2003

Originally posted by Trax
Hi all,

We have applied for Visa 138 Ind. Sponsored, and our ack. date was 20th June 2003. I notice that a lot of June applicants are getting their request for Medicals etc. We sent our meds. off a couple of weeks ago even though they hadn't been requested yet.

My question is - Seeing that sponsored visas take longer to process (supposedly about 59 weeks) due to the sponsor info being checked out etc, are these sponsor checks usually done before the medicals are requested, or after all the medical info has been requested and approved by DIMIA?

Best wishes to all those June applicants who are sooooo close now. Hopefully we won't be too far behind.

Trax
My guess is the sponsor check will be done before your medicals.

My question to you is; can someone send the medical report before being requested? Where did you get the medical check done? Based on my knowledge you cannot send you medical info directly. The hospital in charge of medicals must send the report.

Processing time of 59 weeks for sponsored visas is too long. Did you get this information from a reliable source?

Thanks.