Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Including child from ex-wife in Citizenship application form

Including child from ex-wife in Citizenship application form

Old Aug 20th 2013, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice
Default Including child from ex-wife in Citizenship application form

Hi there,

Hope you guys must have had a great weekend! I just have few concerns regarding inclusion of my child from my ex-wife on the citizen application form.

I would like to know is it required and necessary that I must include the child I have from my ex-wife whether the child is eligible or not for the citizenship? As in my case:
  • My child is not in my custody nor living in Australia
  • Child is not a Permanent Resident of Australia
  • Child is with her mother who takes care of her
However, on my visa application form, the child is included as a non-migratory dependent. As after all, its my child whether migrating with me or not.

My 7 year old is living overseas with her mother (my ex).

Do I have the option to not include my child in my citizenship application form based on my current circumstances or is it mandatory to include.

Please reply

Thank you!
Old Aug 20th 2013, 1:12 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Including child from ex-wife in Citizenship application form

Originally Posted by live2learn
Hi there,

Hope you guys must have had a great weekend! I just have few concerns regarding inclusion of my child from my ex-wife on the citizen application form.

I would like to know is it required and necessary that I must include the child I have from my ex-wife whether the child is eligible or not for the citizenship? As in my case:
  • My child is not in my custody nor living in Australia
  • Child is not a Permanent Resident of Australia
  • Child is with her mother who takes care of her
However, on my visa application form, the child is included as a non-migratory dependent. As after all, its my child whether migrating with me or not.

My 7 year old is living overseas with her mother (my ex).

Do I have the option to not include my child in my citizenship application form based on my current circumstances or is it mandatory to include.

Please reply

Thank you!
No, you do not include your child. She is not a resident/PR of Australia, so not likely to be eligible for citizenship anyway.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No, you do not include your child. She is not a resident/PR of Australia, so not likely to be eligible for citizenship anyway.
Thats good to hear Dorothy

So that means even though my child is my flesh and blood, if she is not a resident/PR and not in my custody, I can simply leave out the child section on the application form 1300t?
Old Aug 20th 2013, 1:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by live2learn
Thats good to hear Dorothy

So that means even though my child is my flesh and blood, if she is not a resident/PR and not in my custody, I can simply leave out the child section on the application form 1300t?
Yes.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes.
Beautiful. Thats what I call short and sweet answer
Old Aug 21st 2013, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

joojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to all

hmmmm .... its a bit weird that you are so ecstatic to be able to leave your child out of your citizenship application.

Anyways, best of luck for the citizenship process