immigration do i stand a chance.

Old Jul 26th 2011, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

tiltoff is just really nicetiltoff is just really nicetiltoff is just really nicetiltoff is just really nicetiltoff is just really nicetiltoff is just really nicetiltoff is just really nicetiltoff is just really nice
Default immigration do i stand a chance.

Hi thinking of starting the ball rolling on moving to Australia. I think i will pass on the job skills as i am a mechanical engineer with a balchors degree( or whatever they call it). Well the thing is i want to move with my family, about ten years ago i had a job offer from australia i was going to go but failed on criminal check. I had drink driving on my record and theft of a vw badge i was drunk young and stupid. Well these are all spent now. I also have a blip on my medical record 8 years ago i lived in holland (to liberal for a young englishman with a pocket full of cash) and came back a bit of a mess and was sectioned for 3 weeks.
Anyway all this is history i have a wife and to two sons and i am a model citzen etc etc.
Do i stand a chance passing immigration, i know i would on the job front. My uncle is a australian citizen does this help.
Dont really want to waste my is they anyway of finding out up front about standing a chance or not.
Also would consider New zealand or canada.
If not with look at europe but having to pay for english schools puts me off.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: immigration do i stand a chance.

Hi there

First thing to note is that criminal offences are never "spent" when it comes to immigration and you would need to declare them, better that than they show up later on the PCC. But it is only custodial sentences of over 12 months that usually cause an issue. So a bit surprised this was a problem previously but perhaps this was employer not immigration decision.

As far as medicals go it is not your past but your likely future cost that is relevant, so if you have no current issues or healthcare needs then that would stand you in good stead. I always hesitate to advise on medical matters though.

If I were to stick my neck out, I would say that neither issue looks like a bar to immigration to me. But I would usually recommend anyone with health or character concerns seeks professional help.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

As I understand it, 12 months or more in prison is really the bar for a criminal record, unless it was very recent to your application...would be unusual for DUI & a petty theft to get you 12 months inside. Are you sure you are giving the full story?
Old Jul 27th 2011, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

So let me get this right... you were rolling drunk, sha*gged lots of prossies in the 'Dam, screeched off in a hotted up car, got caught by the cops and vandalised a motor?

Sounds like you'll fit in nicely
200 years ago you would have had a trip for free on a big ship!

Seriously tho I think Bermudas and Red's advice is sound - in the same situation personally I would seek professional help.

You'll have to 'bare all' and be up front about it Does the wife** know... ? might have a bit of explaining to do!

edit..**oh dear... I really hope the friend/s in Holland isn't wife now... ooops

Last edited by Still Game; Jul 27th 2011 at 12:54 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 12:47 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiltoff
Hi thinking of starting the ball rolling on moving to Australia. I think i will pass on the job skills as i am a mechanical engineer with a balchors degree( or whatever they call it). Well the thing is i want to move with my family, about ten years ago i had a job offer from australia i was going to go but failed on criminal check. I had drink driving on my record and theft of a vw badge i was drunk young and stupid. Well these are all spent now. I also have a blip on my medical record 8 years ago i lived in holland (to liberal for a young englishman with a pocket full of cash) and came back a bit of a mess and was sectioned for 3 weeks.
Anyway all this is history i have a wife and to two sons and i am a model citzen etc etc.
Do i stand a chance passing immigration, i know i would on the job front. My uncle is a australian citizen does this help.
Dont really want to waste my is they anyway of finding out up front about standing a chance or not.
Also would consider New zealand or canada.
If not with look at europe but having to pay for english schools puts me off.
If your previous refusal was purely because of your record then you really should speak to a registered agent this time before going any further.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

tiltoff is just really nicetiltoff is just really nicetiltoff is just really nicetiltoff is just really nicetiltoff is just really nicetiltoff is just really nicetiltoff is just really nicetiltoff is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If your previous refusal was purely because of your record then you really should speak to a registered agent this time before going any further.
does anybody know any good agents to use?
Old Jul 27th 2011, 7:27 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a useful site to check out registered migration agents https://www.mara.gov.au/agent/ARSear...x?FolderID=394

Good luck mate
Old Jul 27th 2011, 9:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look for threads like this
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=726444

Lots of them on the forum with recommendations of various agents.