Immagration with window cleaning as skill?

Old Apr 20th 2013, 10:28 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
jonx06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immagration with window cleaning as skill?

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help. I have a successful window cleaning business in Scotland at the moment. One of my customers asked if he could take some pictures of my setup ( I use the reach and wash system) for his daughter who lives in Australia as she can't find a window cleaner and asked if I had thought about moving over there to work. To cut a long story short when he got back from Australia he said his daughter, friends and neighbours all said there was a shortage of window cleaners and it is on the skills list.

The question I have is how likely is it that I could get a visa to move to Australia with window cleaning as my skill? In the uk window cleaning is not a trade that requires going to collage to become qualified or to get certificates. I have 8 years experience of window cleaning and 4 years of that is running my own business but I don't have any certificates or that because as I as I its not that kind of trade would this go against me? Any help would be much appreciated thanks.
jonx06 is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2013, 12:07 pm
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
NickyC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Sydney beachside
Posts: 3,504
NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immagration with window cleaning as skill?

Here is the current SOL and CSOL (skills lists).

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1-2.pdf

I couldn't find Window Cleaner on it.

Window cleaners might be in short supply here - but it doesn't mean that the occupation qualifies for migration.
NickyC is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2013, 12:17 pm
  #3  
Newlywed
 
Dorothy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 28,934
Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immagration with window cleaning as skill?

Originally Posted by jonx06 View Post
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help. I have a successful window cleaning business in Scotland at the moment. One of my customers asked if he could take some pictures of my setup ( I use the reach and wash system) for his daughter who lives in Australia as she can't find a window cleaner and asked if I had thought about moving over there to work. To cut a long story short when he got back from Australia he said his daughter, friends and neighbours all said there was a shortage of window cleaners and it is on the skills list.

The question I have is how likely is it that I could get a visa to move to Australia with window cleaning as my skill? In the uk window cleaning is not a trade that requires going to collage to become qualified or to get certificates. I have 8 years experience of window cleaning and 4 years of that is running my own business but I don't have any certificates or that because as I as I its not that kind of trade would this go against me? Any help would be much appreciated thanks.
Start by looking at www.immi.gov.au for what you might qualify for. I did have a quick look at the CSOL but didn't see window cleaner on there. I'm not sure where your friends saw it on a skilled list, but I didn't see it. (granted I only had a quick boy's look)
Dorothy is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2013, 12:57 pm
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 3,162
pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immagration with window cleaning as skill?

It isn't on the list, and no, you can't use it as a skill to get into Australia.
I had also noticed people here don't tend to use window cleaners, but then most of the houses are only single story, so probably less demand.

Do you have a partner who might have a skill on the sol or csol?
pumpkin blossom is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2013, 6:13 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
jonx06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immagration with window cleaning as skill?

Thanks for all the replys. My partner works in greggs but I don't know if that would count?
jonx06 is offline  
Old Apr 21st 2013, 2:01 am
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 3,162
pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immagration with window cleaning as skill?

Unlikely I'm afraid. I think baker might be on the csol, but I don't know if greggs would count. That and they want formal training I believe.
pumpkin blossom is offline  
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 12:39 am
  #7  
BE Enthusiast
 
TeeTMI's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 486
TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immagration with window cleaning as skill?

From an alternative perspective there are visas aimed at successful business owners which you might check out? But they do require relatively high annual turnovers plus monetary assets to qualify.
TeeTMI is offline  
Old Jul 6th 2013, 9:39 pm
  #8  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Owen13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immagration with window cleaning as skill?

My first post so hi to every one,
I am a window cleaner thinking of heading to perth, austrailia
all going well, is there work out there for window cleaning?
is there any window cleaners working in perth?
To the op here is a link that might interest you
http://www.visabureau.com/australia/...australia.aspx
Where in Scotland are you? I'm in west Lothian.
Owen13 is offline  
Old Jul 7th 2013, 12:54 am
  #9  
HMP Queensland
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 93,401
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immagration with window cleaning as skill?

Originally Posted by Owen13 View Post
My first post so hi to every one,
I am a window cleaner thinking of heading to perth, austrailia
all going well, is there work out there for window cleaning?
is there any window cleaners working in perth?
To the op here is a link that might interest you
http://www.visabureau.com/australia/...australia.aspx
Where in Scotland are you? I'm in west Lothian.
A link to an agent won't help unless window cleaning gets put on the skills list, and I really can't see that happening, sorry.
Pollyana is offline  
Old Jul 7th 2013, 9:12 am
  #10  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Owen13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immagration with window cleaning as skill?

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
A link to an agent won't help unless window cleaning gets put on the skills list, and I really can't see that happening, sorry.
No need to be sorry, I have my visa just to decide if its for us or not
didn't fully read link just thought the op might want to take a look.
As I said would be great to here from anyone with any experience of
window cleaning in perth even customers experiences prices, quality of service.
Owen13 is offline  
Old Jul 7th 2013, 10:48 am
  #11  
HMP Queensland
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 93,401
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immagration with window cleaning as skill?

Originally Posted by Owen13 View Post
No need to be sorry, I have my visa just to decide if its for us or not
didn't fully read link just thought the op might want to take a look.
As I said would be great to here from anyone with any experience of
window cleaning in perth even customers experiences prices, quality of service.
Try asking in the main Aussie forum here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54
Most people in this Immi forum haven't moved yet, but the main forum has a lot of posters already over here, many of whom have been in Perth for years
Pollyana is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.