British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   IETLS 176 State Sponsorship (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/ietls-176-state-sponsorship-683667/)

GoingIn2011 Sep 1st 2010 2:33 pm

IETLS 176 State Sponsorship

Hey good people,
I'm intending to do 176 SS.
I cannot see any advantage as yet in taking an IETLS test as I am a UK citizen. I understand this will restrict me to 15 points but I have enough to get past 100 with that.
Would I need it for the state sponsorship application however??? I intend to apply to Vic - when they release their list (hoping my skill is on there) - but I notice from NSW that they require an IETLS score of 7.0.
Am I right in thinking that if you don't take the test you only get 6.0 (15 points)? It's really no bother I guess taking the test but I'd rather not have to expend the effort of doing so...

Thanks in advance,
GI2011

QLDlover Sep 1st 2010 2:44 pm

Re: IETLS 176 State Sponsorship

Originally Posted by GoingIn2011 (Post 8818792)
Hey good people,
I cannot see any advantage as yet in taking an IETLS test as I am a UK citizen. I understand this will restrict me to 15 points but I have enough to get past 100 with that.
Would I need it for the state sponsorship application however??? I intend to apply to Vic - when they release their list (hoping my skill is on there) - but I notice from NSW that they require an IETLS score of 7.0.
Am I right in thinking that if you don't take the test you only get 6.0 (15 points)? It's really no bother I guess taking the test but I'd rather not have to expend the effort of doing so...

Thanks in advance,
GI2011

Yes you ll get 15 points but I don't know whether you are elliglble to apply for some states or not cus some demand overall 7 Ielts band score

shafaqat309 Sep 1st 2010 3:04 pm

Hey good people,

Thanks in advance,
GI2011

IELTS 7 in each will give u 25 points + you will be eligible for NSW, remaining states have to announce their SMP. nobody knows if they also raise the IELTS minimum level. So its better to have IELTS but 7 in each.

QLDlover Sep 1st 2010 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by shafaqat309 (Post 8818875)
IELTS 7 in each will give u 25 points + you will be eligible for NSW, remaining states have to announce their SMP. nobody knows if they also raise the IELTS minimum level. So its better to have IELTS but 7 in each.

Shafqat !
Your signature shows a rapid processing, you have been assigned a CO in a month,
How did you manage this ?

shafaqat309 Sep 1st 2010 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by r_1159 (Post 8818883)
Shafqat !
Your signature shows a rapid processing, you have been assigned a CO in a month,
How did you manage this ?

:D mystry :D

QLDlover Sep 1st 2010 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by shafaqat309 (Post 8818887)
:D mystry :D

Tell us some about this mystry!:d

shafaqat309 Sep 2nd 2010 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by r_1159 (Post 8818895)
Tell us some about this mystry!:d

Wait for the result, have patience and help others :)

Bermudashorts Sep 2nd 2010 10:01 pm

Hey good people,

Thanks in advance,
GI2011

If the state website indicates that you need 7 in IELTS then British passport is not enough, you need to do the test. I haven't looked lately but I thought it was required for some occupations but not all, so make sure it is a requirement for your occupation before you book a test.