IETLS 176 State Sponsorship

Old Sep 1st 2010, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Default IETLS 176 State Sponsorship

Hey good people,
I'm intending to do 176 SS.
I cannot see any advantage as yet in taking an IETLS test as I am a UK citizen. I understand this will restrict me to 15 points but I have enough to get past 100 with that.
Would I need it for the state sponsorship application however??? I intend to apply to Vic - when they release their list (hoping my skill is on there) - but I notice from NSW that they require an IETLS score of 7.0.
Am I right in thinking that if you don't take the test you only get 6.0 (15 points)? It's really no bother I guess taking the test but I'd rather not have to expend the effort of doing so...

Thanks in advance,
GI2011
Old Sep 1st 2010, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Default Re: IETLS 176 State Sponsorship

Originally Posted by GoingIn2011
Hey good people,
I cannot see any advantage as yet in taking an IETLS test as I am a UK citizen. I understand this will restrict me to 15 points but I have enough to get past 100 with that.
Would I need it for the state sponsorship application however??? I intend to apply to Vic - when they release their list (hoping my skill is on there) - but I notice from NSW that they require an IETLS score of 7.0.
Am I right in thinking that if you don't take the test you only get 6.0 (15 points)? It's really no bother I guess taking the test but I'd rather not have to expend the effort of doing so...

Thanks in advance,
GI2011
Yes you ll get 15 points but I don't know whether you are elliglble to apply for some states or not cus some demand overall 7 Ielts band score
Old Sep 1st 2010, 3:04 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Hey good people,

Thanks in advance,
GI2011
IELTS 7 in each will give u 25 points + you will be eligible for NSW, remaining states have to announce their SMP. nobody knows if they also raise the IELTS minimum level. So its better to have IELTS but 7 in each.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
IELTS 7 in each will give u 25 points + you will be eligible for NSW, remaining states have to announce their SMP. nobody knows if they also raise the IELTS minimum level. So its better to have IELTS but 7 in each.
Shafqat !
Your signature shows a rapid processing, you have been assigned a CO in a month,
How did you manage this ?
Old Sep 1st 2010, 3:08 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by r_1159
Shafqat !
Your signature shows a rapid processing, you have been assigned a CO in a month,
How did you manage this ?
mystry
Old Sep 1st 2010, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
mystry
Tell us some about this mystry!:d
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:05 pm
Shafaqat Ali

Originally Posted by r_1159
Tell us some about this mystry!:d
Wait for the result, have patience and help others
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hey good people,

Thanks in advance,
GI2011
If the state website indicates that you need 7 in IELTS then British passport is not enough, you need to do the test. I haven't looked lately but I thought it was required for some occupations but not all, so make sure it is a requirement for your occupation before you book a test.