IELTS TEST?

Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

ausdreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS TEST?

HI HOW MANY EXTRA POINTS DO YOU GET IF YOU TAKE THE IELTS TEST?
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:44 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS TEST?

It depends on your score. If you score 7 or more in each of the 4 bands you will get 25 points for English ability. If you score less than 7 in any one band you will only be awarded 15 points.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

kt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nice

do u only sit this test if u need the extra points??

x
Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:20 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kt_and_kris
do u only sit this test if u need the extra points??

x
If you hold a passport from UK, Ireland, US, Canada or New Zealand you are awarded 15 points for English if English is your first language. If you need extra points you can elect to sit the IELTS.

Writing is part of the test, so I would recommend you practice proper English and get rid of the text speak.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

kt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
If you hold a passport from UK, Ireland, US, Canada or New Zealand you are awarded 15 points for English if English is your first language. If you need extra points you can elect to sit the IELTS.

Writing is part of the test, so I would recommend you practice proper English and get rid of the text speak.
thats good cos i have a uk passport and 145 points without the IELTS which is more than enough for the visa i want. thanks for the info
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

immigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the rough

It seems that there is no need to proven English is your first language.
I know that Canada passport holder even know nothing English can be claimed 15 points

Another point is, some sort of UK passport does not have the right to abode in UK,
but they can also claim 15 points and most of this kind of UK passports
holder do not live in UK or even English not his/her first language.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:28 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by immigrants
It seems that there is no need to proven English is your first language.
I know that Canada passport holder even know nothing English can be claimed 15 points

Another point is, some sort of UK passport does not have the right to abode in UK,
but they can also claim 15 points and most of this kind of UK passports
holder do not live in UK or even English not his/her first language.
Just holding the passport of one of those countries is not enough. If you do not have English as a first language then you will be required to sit IELTS. My friends from Canada were required to prove they had functional English, even though Canada was the only country they were citizens of.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

immigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the rough

Just holding the passport of one of those countries is not enough. If you do not have English as a first language then you will be required to sit IELTS. My friends from Canada were required to prove they had functional English, even though Canada was the only country they were citizens of.
Do you friend live in Quebec? Or French speaking?
When was your friend apply Australia Skilled Workers?
Old Jan 15th 2008, 1:58 pm
Migration Agent

Annie Weir is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

Actually just holding one of the aforementioned passports will make the applicant eligible for 15 points for English:

Reg 1.15C Competent English

If a person applies for a General Skilled Migration visa, the person has competent English if the person satisfies the Minister that the person:

(a) has achieved, in a test conducted not more than 2 years before the day on which the application was lodged:

(i) an IELTS test score of at least 6 for each of the 4 test components of speaking, reading, writing and listening; or

(ii) a score:

(A) specified by the Minister in an instrument in writing for this sub-subparagraph; and

(B) in a language test specified by the Minister in the instrument; or

(b) holds a passport of a type specified by the Minister in an instrument in writing for this paragraph.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

avion99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have applied for au immigration under category 175. I scored 115 marks hence my application is a pool for 2 years.

I was born in India and hold British passport, and I think I got 10 marks or 15 (I can't remember) for English.

I am planning to sit in EITLS test in order to get extra 5 marks.

I think, I have average English (trying to be honest).

My Question is

In my situation, what will your advice.

How easy is to get extra 5 marks ?

How can I check what marks they have allocated for my English launguage ?

Thanks

V
Old Jan 16th 2008, 10:54 am
Migration Agent

Dear V

Have you been informed that your application has been pooled? When did you submit your application? Did you supply any evidence of your English language ability?
Old Jan 16th 2008, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

CaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud of

Can anyone tell me when i can sit the IELTS test? I want to apply for the 175 visa but require 25 points and 60 for occupation after the skills assessment. Can i sit the test in advance of applying for the visa and ensure i have the full 25 points and how much does the test cost? Cheers.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

avion99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Annie Weir
Dear V

Have you been informed that your application has been pooled? When did you submit your application? Did you supply any evidence of your English language ability?
I think it is pooled, as during the application process it informed me that to add my details to the their site.

I submitted my application 21 NOV, they ddin't ask me for any evidence as I am a British National.

thanks

Vineet
Old Jan 16th 2008, 1:17 pm
Migration Agent

Dear Captain Merton

Ideally yes, you should do your IELTS test in advance of submitting your application and then submit it altogether. The cost is around £90.

Dear V

If your application was submitted 21st November 2007 it doesn't sound to me like it will have been pooled yet as I doubt a case officer has even been assigned. Have you been contacted directly by anyone? If not then you should do your IELTS and submit it asap to gain the additional points.