IELTS Specimen Materials

Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:25 am
Professional Princess

Arrow IELTS Specimen Materials

My husband just received his IELTS practise material in the post today.

Opening it certainly made me worry. I don't know if it's because I havent completely read it, but first impressions are Oh my God.

Abdel insists it wont be too bad. His spoken English is perfect, understanding nearly perfect but he makes the odd spelling mistake. Mind you, English is his first language now, he has forgotton half of his Arabic and most of his French.

You can only resit the IELTS every 3 months as well, so heres hoping he passes first time.

Anyway, if anyone wants any info about the practise material, PM me and I can give a rough idea on questions and what it consists of.

Wish us luck.

Sam

Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:59 am
Jojo

Default Re: IELTS Specimen Materials

Professional Princess wrote:
    > My husband just received his IELTS practise material in the post today.
    > Opening it certainly made me worry. I don't know if it's because I
    > havent completely read it, but first impressions are Oh my God.
    > Abdel insists it wont be too bad. His spoken English is perfect,
    > understanding nearly perfect but he makes the odd spelling mistake.
    > Mind you, English is his first language now, he has forgotton half of
    > his Arabic and most of his French.
    > You can only resit the IELTS every 3 months as well, so heres hoping he
    > passes first time.
    > Anyway, if anyone wants any info about the practise material, PM me and
    > I can give a rough idea on questions and what it consists of.
    > Wish us luck.
    > Sam
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Best wishes for the IELTS exam. I am sure, once u practise the
material, you will be fine with the exam.

Jojo

Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
My husband just received his IELTS practise material in the post today.

Opening it certainly made me worry. I don't know if it's because I havent completely read it, but first impressions are Oh my God.

Abdel insists it wont be too bad. His spoken English is perfect, understanding nearly perfect but he makes the odd spelling mistake. Mind you, English is his first language now, he has forgotton half of his Arabic and most of his French.

You can only resit the IELTS every 3 months as well, so heres hoping he passes first time.

Anyway, if anyone wants any info about the practise material, PM me and I can give a rough idea on questions and what it consists of.

Wish us luck.

Sam

I would think a large percentage of people on here would probably fail the written test LOL
Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:27 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by marco121068
I would think a large percentage of people on here would probably fail the written test LOL

Trouble is with this site Marco and Im guilty of it myself, is that I just type like a mad woman and shorten words etc.

I dont check things or I rarely check things, its like using shorthand, it makes you very lazy with your grammar.

Or phone texting really stuffs up your spelling.

Luckily, husband doesnt use the net so hasnt been 'spoiled' by it yet.

Last edited by Professional Princess; Sep 1st 2005 at 10:55 am.

Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:52 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Trouble is with this site Marco and Im [bold]guitly[/bold] of it myself, is that I just type like a mad woman and shorten words etc.

I dont check things or I rarely check things, its like using shorthand, it makes you very lazy with your grammar.

Or phone texting really stuffs up your spelling.

Luckily, husband doesnt use the net so hasnt been 'spoiled' by it yet.

Sorry - but i 'had' to point out that you spelt guilty wrong

Pleazze shoote meee know - goo luc 2 hubby thouh !!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:57 am
Professional Princess

Talking Re: IELTS Specimen Materials

Originally Posted by wargod
Sorry - but i 'had' to point out that you spelt guilty wrong

Pleazze shoote meee know - goo luc 2 hubby thouh !!

Laughing my arse off here, that will teach me won't it wargod!!!!!

Prime example

I think I mite mayke a habit of dowing sum spelling erors.

Shall we have a contest?

Old Sep 1st 2005, 11:43 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Laughing my arse off here, that will teach me won't it wargod!!!!!

Prime example

I think I mite mayke a habit of dowing sum spelling erors.

Shall we have a contest?
You'd win.

I am a computer programmer (my friends call me geek ) so we dont speak or write proper any way though !!

For instance:
<cfloop collection="#APersonStructure.Claims#" item="AClaim">
<cfset ClaimObj = evaluate("ApersonStructure.Claims.#AClaim#")>

Old Sep 1st 2005, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

tibidabo will become famous soon enough

Practice, practice, practice ....
I took it easy at first and I passed, but my writing was only 6, then I had to lodge my application after 12 months, so I decided to retake (there is no clear indication whether it is valid for 12 or 24 from the DIMIA's point of view)

I was really frightened espetially for the 90 day limitation. If you have a bad day you have to wait 3 months again.

I was worried about writing (bad spelling and ugly and slow handwriting)
and listening because it really depends on what the accent which is used.

I practiced about 6 weeks for the second one.

I got first r:6.5; w:6; l:7.5; s:8
2nd r:9!; w:7; l:7.5; s:9

The results are a matter of luck. I don't think my speaking skills become less and my reading skills improved 2.5 bands.

There is a russia site from where I had downloaded lots of stuff:
http://artefact.lib.ru/languages/english/
They updated something on it, so when you want to download something there is a russian message and you have to click a number.
But I hate IELTS so much I will share the whole stuff on emule, it is about 1 CD
Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:02 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by tibidabo
Practice, practice, practice ....
I took it easy at first and I passed, but my writing was only 6, then I had to lodge my application after 12 months, so I decided to retake (there is no clear indication whether it is valid for 12 or 24 from the DIMIA's point of view)

I was really frightened espetially for the 90 day limitation. If you have a bad day you have to wait 3 months again.

I was worried about writing (bad spelling and ugly and slow handwriting)
and listening because it really depends on what the accent which is used.

I practiced about 6 weeks for the second one.

I got first r:6.5; w:6; l:7.5; s:8
2nd r:9!; w:7; l:7.5; s:9

The results are a matter of luck. I don't think my speaking skills become less and my reading skills improved 2.5 bands.

There is a russia site from where I had downloaded lots of stuff:
http://artefact.lib.ru/languages/english/
They updated something on it, so when you want to download something there is a russian message and you have to click a number.
But I hate IELTS so much I will share the whole stuff on emule, it is about 1 CD

Well we will look at the CD and book tonight.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Sam

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 8:08 am
Just Joined

mentol is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sam,

Appreciate if you could also send me a copy of the CD and other materials.

Thanks.

Well we will look at the CD and book tonight.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Sam
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mentol
Hi Sam,

Appreciate if you could also send me a copy of the CD and other materials.

Thanks.

Hi,

there are lots of materials on file-sharing networks, such as emule
http://www.download.com/eMule/3000-2...ml?tag=lst-0-1
simply search on IELTS and download what you want.
I guess it is the same on every networks. It takes a little while to download something.
Alternatively you can just borrow books from British council, if there is any nearby.

Cheers, TB
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: IELTS Specimen Materials

Dear Tibi,
I emuled it and found lots of results , please inform us what the name of your recommended reference is.
Thank you very much,

Hi,

there are lots of materials on file-sharing networks, such as emule
http://www.download.com/eMule/3000-2...ml?tag=lst-0-1
simply search on IELTS and download what you want.
I guess it is the same on every networks. It takes a little while to download something.
Alternatively you can just borrow books from British council, if there is any nearby.

Cheers, TB
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Barbitana
Dear Tibi,
I emuled it and found lots of results , please inform us what the name of your recommended reference is.
Thank you very much,
You can download anything, I removed my stuff as nobody download it fully for weeks. Download those which have more resources. If you have broadband, try to download all.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: IELTS Specimen Materials

Dear TB,
Mission accomplished! , downloded most of high-resource files, but many are with a poor voice quality .

Tnx for TIP!

You can download anything, I removed my stuff as nobody download it fully for weeks. Download those which have more resources. If you have broadband, try to download all.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

GurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wargod
You'd win.

I am a computer programmer (my friends call me geek ) so we dont speak or write proper any way though !!

For instance:
<cfloop collection="#APersonStructure.Claims#" item="AClaim">
<cfset ClaimObj = evaluate("ApersonStructure.Claims.#AClaim#")>

If the discussion is going towards spellings I remeber an email Joke.. some of you might hv read it but I would still ad it here....

European Union Version of English
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The European Union commissioners have announced that agreement has been reached to adopt English as the preferred language for European communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five-year phased plan for what will be known as Euro-English (Euro for short). In the first year, 's' will be used instead of the soft 'c'. Sertainly, sivil servants will resieve this news with joy. Also, the hard 'c' will be replaced with 'k.' Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome 'ph' will be replaced by 'f'. This will make words like 'fotograf' 20 per sent shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent 'e's in the languag is disgrasful, and they would go.

By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing 'th' by 'z' and 'W' by 'V'. During ze fifz year, ze unesesary 'o' kan be dropd from vords kontaining 'ou', and similar changes vud of kors; be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil b no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer. Ze drem vil finali kum tru.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.