IELTS (short of 5 points)

Old May 1st 2003, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Beaven is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS (short of 5 points)

MY freind is short of 5 to make 115, the only way he can get 115 if he get 20 points in english section but unforunately his IELTS test result disappoint him.

He manage to get the 6 and more in three section but only get 5 band in reading, so by this way he will award 15 points and on the hand he must have to take 20 points to make 115.

Please advice me is there any harm to apply for PR (DIMIA) without IELTS test score and send them the IELTS test score after three months when he get the result again.

thanks
Beaven
Old May 1st 2003, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

jude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS (short of 5 points)

Yes he can submit this to DIMIA after he submits his application. Remember it will take approx 52 weeks for processing his application anyways.

Jude

Originally posted by Beaven
MY freind is short of 5 to make 115, the only way he can get 115 if he get 20 points in english section but unforunately his IELTS test result disappoint him.

He manage to get the 6 and more in three section but only get 5 band in reading, so by this way he will award 15 points and on the hand he must have to take 20 points to make 115.

Please advice me is there any harm to apply for PR (DIMIA) without IELTS test score and send them the IELTS test score after three months when he get the result again.

thanks
Beaven
Old May 1st 2003, 8:18 pm
Suri

hi

when did you receive request of IELTS test score? What are your
skills? Do you have MODL? If you have MODL, try to apply for Victoria
STNI.

Thanks

Old May 2nd 2003, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

engin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant future

Your friend may try taking the NAATI test for Bonus points. However, processing of the results of the IELTS test would be much easier and faster than NAATI. But you have to wait for three months. Getting NAATI test results would also fit in the same time frame.
Old May 3rd 2003, 4:18 am
M e M b E r

gordon_flash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jude
Yes he can submit this to DIMIA after he submits his application. Remember it will take approx 52 weeks for processing his application anyways.

Jude
IMHO he should apply now while claiming the 20 points for his english. If he's in India , I suggest he enroll in any good institute and appear in IELTS again.

If his present score(6,6,6,5) is a correct indicator of his present english ability, I am sure he would come out with flying colors in his next attempt.

All the best

Gordon
Old May 3rd 2003, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Peter Tomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS

ASPC ACKN email will ask him for IELTS to be sent direct by IELTS centre, even if he sends IELTS original certificate with 47SK. So sending IELTS with 47SK won't help/speed up at all.

He can claim 20pts, try IELTS every 3 months and when all above 6.0, manage for it to be sent to ASPC.

Peter