Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

IELTS of Secondary Applicant and Immigration Process (Very Important).

IELTS of Secondary Applicant and Immigration Process (Very Important).

Old May 26th 2009, 6:12 am
Banned

rjumar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS of Secondary Applicant and Immigration Process (Very Important).

Dear All,

When applying for immigration, it is important the IELTS of Primary applicant must be attached.

I want my wife to take IELTS as well .... I want to ask

Is it necessary that IELTS results of secondary applicant (My spouse) must also be attached at the time of Immigration .... or it can be provided after the application as well????

Is there any harm if my spouse take IELTS after the application lodgement ....

When do I hv to send the IELTS of my spouse to immigration department???

I need your wise guidance please.

Best Regards,
Old May 26th 2009, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

ZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really nice
Default Re: IELTS of Secondary Applicant and Immigration Process (Very Important).

Originally Posted by rjumar
Dear All,

When applying for immigration, it is important the IELTS of Primary applicant must be attached.

I want my wife to take IELTS as well .... I want to ask

Is it necessary that IELTS results of secondary applicant (My spouse) must also be attached at the time of Immigration .... or it can be provided after the application as well????

Is there any harm if my spouse take IELTS after the application lodgement ....

When do I hv to send the IELTS of my spouse to immigration department???

I need your wise guidance please.

Best Regards,
IELTS is a pre-requist for the Main applicant.

You can provide the IELTS for your wife after the lodgment of your application.
Old May 26th 2009, 7:40 am
Banned

rjumar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS of Secondary Applicant and Immigration Process (Very Important).

Originally Posted by ZeeAsh
IELTS is a pre-requist for the Main applicant.

You can provide the IELTS for your wife after the lodgment of your application.
Thank you ZeeAsh,

Any other point of view will be appriciable.

Regards,
Old May 26th 2009, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

mgul003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

for secondary application either one of the following can meet the English Language ability as per immi.gov.au

You must provide one of the following:

1. your IELTS TRF Number to show you have a band score of at least four and a half (4.5) based on all four components.
Important: If you are using an IELTS test to show functional English, it must be from a test sat no more than 12 months before making your application.
2. evidence that you have a degree, diploma or trade qualification requiring at least two (2) years of full time study or training with all instruction conducted in English
3. evidence that you have completed at least one (1) year of full time study in Australia towards a degree or diploma qualification with all instruction conducted in English
4. evidence that you have completed one of the following at an educational institution where all instruction was conducted in English:
your primary education and at least three (3) years of secondary education, or at least five (5) years of secondary education.

For my spouse who was a secondary applicant, we have submitted point 2 as evidence of english language ability and it suffice.