IELTS results needed for application?

Old Aug 3rd 2008, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

wannabeausi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS results needed for application?

Hello All,
First of all, let me thank you all for this wonderful forum. I am new here and I have got the answers to most of my question already. However, I am still confused about few things.
I have just got my skills assessed by ACS with MODL. So basically, I need only 6 for IELTS. I have already registered for the exam and its due on Sept 6th. The result will take approximately 3 weeks. My question is, Do I have to wait till then to lodge my main application or I can lodge the online application and attach the result within 28 days?

Also, My spouse is going thru the IELTS preparation and will appear the exam in 4-5 months. Do I have to provide her scores too when I lodge the main application or I can wait till my visa is granted. I am afraid she might even take longer to prepare for the exam in that case I have to pay the 2nd application fee. What is the best way to go thru it?

Since I will be uploading the scanned copies of the documents, how can they verify that its original? I mean, how does it work?

Thank you all for your support in advance.
Regards,
Noyon.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

kali is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS results needed for application?

Originally Posted by wannabeausi
Hello All,
I have just got my skills assessed by ACS with MODL. So basically, I need only 6 for IELTS. I have already registered for the exam and its due on Sept 6th. The result will take approximately 3 weeks. My question is, Do I have to wait till then to lodge my main application or I can lodge the online application and attach the result within 28 days?

Also, My spouse is going thru the IELTS preparation and will appear the exam in 4-5 months. Do I have to provide her scores too when I lodge the main application or I can wait till my visa is granted. I am afraid she might even take longer to prepare for the exam in that case I have to pay the 2nd application fee. What is the best way to go thru it?

I am not sure how it works for a native speaker (those with a passport from the UK, NZ, Ierland, Canada etc). I think if you claim points for sufficient English you also have to do the IELTS test before you lodge.
If you do not hold such a passport the main applicant has to do IELTS before the application is lodged.

Your spouse does not have to do it before before you lodge.
If you have to pay the 2nde fee you also have to take into account that they also have to go to some sort of English class, which is free. Not sure what it is actually worth though.
We decided it wasn't worth the hassle to go to English night school here for my partner. The fees would be about the same as the second installment. So he just did the test and got actually a good enough IETLS score.