IELTS Requiremtn for Subclass 176

Old Jul 16th 2009, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

saj_uts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS Requiremtn for Subclass 176

Hi,
i am little bit confused about IELTS requirement for subclass 176.
As per the information given on DIAC website "IELTS score of at least 6 on each
of the 4 components of the test—speaking, reading, writing and listening"
My question is does it have to be on One IELTS TRF or if i go for two IELTS Test and have overall 6 band in both attempts and over alll i got 6 bands in each module considering both attempts. for exmaple
1st attempt
Listening- 7
Reading-6.5
Writing-6
Speaking-5.5
Overall Band Score-6.5

2nd Attempt
Listening- 7
Reading-5.5
Writing-5.5
Speaking-7
Overall Band Score-6.5

if you consider both the results , than it satisfy the requirement of 6 bands in each module and overall 6 bands.

do i meet the English Language requirement. or i need to resit the ielts again to get 6 bands in all modules in 1 attempt.
i don't need English language points at all as i already have required 100 points.
regards
Saj
Old Jul 16th 2009, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Matrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: IELTS Requiremtn for Subclass 176

Interesting question

Though as far as I know, you can only state ONE TRF number in your visa application, and therefore you have to have at least band score of at least 6 on each of the 4 componentsin ONE IELTS test.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

milano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matrisha
Interesting question

Though as far as I know, you can only state ONE TRF number in your visa application, and therefore you have to have at least band score of at least 6 on each of the 4 componentsin ONE IELTS test.
I agree, as u scored less than 6 bands Reading and Speaking in both attempts, u will need to resit to get 6 in each module then u will be able to lodge application otherwise ur application will be rejected.

Good Luck matey!!!
Old Jul 16th 2009, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by saj_uts
Hi,
My question is does it have to be on One IELTS TRF or if i go for two IELTS Test and have overall 6 band in both attempts and over alll i got 6 bands in each module considering both attempts. for exmaple
1st attempt
Listening- 7
Reading-6.5
Writing-6
Speaking-5.5
Overall Band Score-6.5

2nd Attempt
Listening- 7
Reading-5.5
Writing-5.5
Speaking-7
Overall Band Score-6.5

if you consider both the results , than it satisfy the requirement of 6 bands in each module and overall 6 bands.

do i meet the English Language requirement. or i need to resit the ielts again to get 6 bands in all modules in 1 attempt.
i don't need English language points at all as i already have required 100 points.
regards
Saj
Nice argument but wont workout. U need IELTS 6 in each Section irrespective of attempts for applying occupation falls under professional catagory unless you are holding the passport of Native english speaking countries
Old Jul 16th 2009, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Hi,
1st attempt
Listening- 7
Reading-6.5
Writing-6
Speaking-5.5
Overall Band Score-6.5

2nd Attempt
Listening- 7
Reading-5.5
Writing-5.5
Speaking-7
Overall Band Score-6.5

regards
Saj
You can quote only one TRF number, you need to score 6 in all components in a sitting, cannot merge.

I know mate, It's getting tougher for some. but if you persevere, success is assured
Old Jul 16th 2009, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to all

Hi Saj,

Unfortunately, to meet the English ability requirement the results must be from ONE IELTS test. You cannot combine multiple tests.

You can ask for a review of your results if you are just 0.5 off. There are many candidates that were successful in doing this especially for the subjects speaking and writing. It is a bit harder for the reading/listening as these are not subjective.

3rd time must be a winner. Good luck.

Sylvia
Old Jul 17th 2009, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Hi,
one more questions, i already have required 100 points without the points ofr english language for subclass 176.
now my question is do i need to satisfy the IELTS requirement of 6 band in each module even though i don't need to claim English language points.
regards
Saj
Old Jul 17th 2009, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Hi,
one more questions, i already have required 100 points without the points ofr english language for subclass 176.
now my question is do i need to satisfy the IELTS requirement of 6 band in each module even though i don't need to claim English language points.
regards
Saj
Unless you are holder of a passport of a English speaking country ( Newzeland,Canada,USA,UK )< IELTS is compulsory irrespective of your points scored.
But there is a category of provisional visa ( not sure the number ) where concession is given to undertake the study of english in Australia, but for that you have to pay 2500AUS (approx ). You better seek the advice of an agent to get all available options.
BTW what is you occupation ?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 9:48 am
Just Joined

civil engineer
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:02 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

civil engineer
Then you'll want to be able to speak the language of the country you plan to live and work in, won't you?