rohitbhatia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS-remark ... chances of success

Hi,

I just got my ielts score today and they are:
L = 9.0
R = 7.5
S = 7
W = 6.5

I am thinking to give an enquiry for my wriritng section as I need 7 in the writing band. I need some advice guys if giving an enquiry would be a good option.

What are the chances that my score will be increased from 6.5 to 7?
Old Jan 28th 2011, 11:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rohitbhatia
Hi,

I just got my ielts score today and they are:
L = 9.0
R = 7.5
S = 7
W = 6.5

I am thinking to give an enquiry for my wriritng section as I need 7 in the writing band. I need some advice guys if giving an enquiry would be a good option.

What are the chances that my score will be increased from 6.5 to 7?
May happen, may not. No one on here can tell you what you want to know. Some people have asked to be remarked and had their result increased and others have stayed the same. Only you can decide. You have two choices, retake the test after a lot of practice or apply for a remark.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

pseethar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
May happen, may not. No one on here can tell you what you want to know. Some people have asked to be remarked and had their result increased and others have stayed the same. Only you can decide. You have two choices, retake the test after a lot of practice or apply for a remark.
Hi All, I need 7 all as an accountant. I had got 6.5,6.5,7,7 in the first time. I gave a second try. But Unfortunately got 8,7.5,6,7. hence got 6 in writing. Wonder what to do now, Can I go for a re-check. This is already the second time hence confused whether to shel out another 7.2k here in India for re test or 5.2k for re-check!!!
Old Mar 5th 2011, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

netzkeenet is an unknown quantity at this point

Mongobear....

Hello. can you help me? I want to know, if I ask for a re mark in my writing and speaking test and if for example my speaking band score increased but my writing band is still the same, will they refund the fee for remarking?

Thanks a bunch...
Old Mar 7th 2011, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Mongobear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by netzkeenet
Mongobear....

Hello. can you help me? I want to know, if I ask for a re mark in my writing and speaking test and if for example my speaking band score increased but my writing band is still the same, will they refund the fee for remarking?

Thanks a bunch...
Of course they will. As soon as one score changes, the remark-fee will be refunded. Details can be found in the remark-form.

Good luck !
Old Mar 11th 2011, 3:48 am
Just Joined

kheops14476 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: IELTS-remark ... chances of success

Hi Mongobear,

I took a general IELTS exam and I got L7,R6.5,W6,S6.5.
This was my third exam and i really need to get 7 in each skill for my PR ASAP.Could u plz advice me whether there is any chance for increasing my R,W & S results by remarking it?
It`s really annoying to retake it again because each time one of my band scores has decrease in compare with the last one!
Thx for ur help!
Old Mar 11th 2011, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Mongobear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kheops14476
Hi Mongobear,

This was my third exam and i really need to get 7 in each skill for my PR ASAP.Could u plz advice me whether there is any chance for increasing my R,W & S results by remarking it?
It`s really annoying to retake it again because each time one of my band scores has decrease in compare with the last one!
Thx for ur help!
Heey,

unfortunately it doesn't make sense to remark the reading test. It won't change since there is no leeway for the assessor. What I want to say is the answer is either right or wrong but there is nothing in between - nothing that could be reassessed. Get some more books to train yourself and practice, practice, practice ... that's the only way to get out of this mess.

Good luck
Uli
Old Mar 11th 2011, 9:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mongobear,

Thx for ur help!
I'm sorry you find it annoying but many employers in Australia find it extremely annoying when they get people applying for jobs who are unable to interact with other employees.

If you've done it three times and keep getting a result lower than required then you're obviously retaking the exam too quickly and not actually practising and learning how to read, write and speak fluently enough.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 2:42 am
Just Joined

kheops14476 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mongobear
Heey,

unfortunately it doesn't make sense to remark the reading test. It won't change since there is no leeway for the assessor. What I want to say is the answer is either right or wrong but there is nothing in between - nothing that could be reassessed. Get some more books to train yourself and practice, practice, practice ... that's the only way to get out of this mess.

Good luck
Uli
Thx guys!
I try the other one!BTW do u have any recommendation for writing?any website?refrence?!
Old Mar 14th 2011, 4:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thx guys!
I try the other one!BTW do u have any recommendation for writing?any website?refrence?!
Yes. Stop using text speak and start writing everything as if it were being marked. Proper punctuation, capital letters at the beginning of words, spacing, etc. The sooner you get used to writing in a more formal style the better you will get at it.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Thread closed.