British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   IELTS overall 6.0, but reading 5.0, can i apply 175?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/ielts-overall-6-0-but-reading-5-0-can-i-apply-175-a-634728/)

mrmsml Oct 9th 2009 3:31 am

IELTS overall 6.0, but reading 5.0, can i apply 175??

Hi, I am looking forward to apply for 175 VISA. I have ACS result with CSL. I have got the IELTS result as

L:6.5 R: 5 :( W:6 S:6 Overall: 6.

Can i still eligible for the Competent for applying 175??

I Know that DIAC mentioned as IELTS TRF Number to show you have a band score of at least six (6) on each of the four (4) components – speaking, reading, listening and writing.

But i am a post graduate in Computers with instruction in English. Please suggest me whether i can apply for 175 now or take the IELTS again. The problem for taking the exam again is, i am staying in Sydney. The earliest date I can get is in 3 months time. I don't want to wast time.

Please suggest me...

Thanks for your suggestions.

eurosyl Oct 9th 2009 3:37 am

Re: IELTS overall 6.0, but reading 5.0, can i apply 175??

Originally Posted by mrmsml (Post 8002115)
Hi, I am looking forward to apply for 175 VISA. I have ACS result with CSL. I have got the IELTS result as

I Know that DIAC mentioned as IELTS TRF Number to show you have a band score of at least six (6) on each of the four (4) components – speaking, reading, listening and writing.

But i am a post graduate in Computers with instruction in English. Please suggest me whether i can apply for 175 now or take the IELTS again. The problem for taking the exam again is, i am staying in Sydney. The earliest date I can get is in 3 months time. I don't want to wast time.

Please suggest me...

To apply for the 175 you must have IELTS 6 minimum in EACH band. So your current score is not sufficent to meet the English ability requirement.

Cheers,
Sylvia

sunitram Oct 9th 2009 7:19 am

Not an answer. (Sylva did already) .. but
To get higher score in a short term with relatively little effort, Reading part is comparably easier than others, I think as a person who has been suffered studying English. Your listening score is 6.5 and writing and speaking is also good. (if you aren't a native speaker.) i think you can make it easily. Good Luck:fingerscrossed:

rjumar Oct 9th 2009 8:04 am

Please suggest me...

Dear to be a Computer Post-Graduate is of no excuse to be exempted from IELTS. You must have 6 in EACH of the 4 modules of IELTS.

It is the Major Requirement of DIAC .... Keep this in your mind.

helloshivahere Oct 9th 2009 8:14 am

You aware DIAC rules then no point in this question. Choose another location if sydney is not possible with in 3 months ( Refer British council website for various location and possible date)