IEA requires ielts results directly

Old Jan 16th 2010, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Astrid will become famous soon enough
Cool IEA requires ielts results directly

Hello everyone.

My husband is going to get his skills assessed as a mechanical engineer at IEA. On their webpage it says that they want one (in this case him) to get the ielts-testcenter to mail the testresults directly to them.

This is a bit confusing for what if his score is below 6 in any section (we are applyiong for GSM 175), then we have wasted our money getting IEA to asess a skill, which he cannot use anyway since his score is below 6.

Has anyone else had this problem? The problem basically being that we would like to see the ielts-results ourselves before IEA gets them, cause obviously we would not do all the work for IEA (like CDR=competency demonstration report) just yet, if we (he) has to take the ielts again. Then we would have to go through both processes twice.

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 16th 2010, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: IEA requires ielts results directly

Hi, i am from a nursing background, but had to sit my IELTS and achieve a 7 in all sections and then get these results forwarded directly to my assessing body ANMC. I too had no idea what the outcome would be and all I could do was hope for the best. You will probably receive the results same time as Assessing Body.

On the back of the IELTS form there are spaces for you to nominate 5 agencies you would like your husband's IELTS sent to. I would suggest that you use these 5 agencies to cover anything at all that may need IELTS confirmation. Do not send to DIAC as they request your TRN which you will have yourself when you recieve your results.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Astrid will become famous soon enough

Thank you! About the five agencies on the back of the sheet, who else than the assessing authority and Dia (whom you stated should not have the ielts before one have seen ones own results!) could need the ielts results?
Thanks again.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

I sent mine directly to ANMC (My assessing body) and QNC (Registration in Queensland for Nursing) I didnt send to DIAC as they only require your TRN (Test Reference Number) as proof you have sat the exam and scored the required result.

A lot of agencies will not accept IELTS if you send it to them yourself. I dont now why but just know that this is the way they do it.

I am sure your husband will pass no problem.

BE POSITIVE
Old Jan 17th 2010, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

syncsam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Astrid
Hello everyone.

My husband is going to get his skills assessed as a mechanical engineer at IEA. On their webpage it says that they want one (in this case him) to get the ielts-testcenter to mail the testresults directly to them.

This is a bit confusing for what if his score is below 6 in any section (we are applyiong for GSM 175), then we have wasted our money getting IEA to asess a skill, which he cannot use anyway since his score is below 6.

Has anyone else had this problem? The problem basically being that we would like to see the ielts-results ourselves before IEA gets them, cause obviously we would not do all the work for IEA (like CDR=competency demonstration report) just yet, if we (he) has to take the ielts again. Then we would have to go through both processes twice.

Thanks in advance
You can request the free copies after you have received the results. Check with your test center.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 1:40 am
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

Hello everyone.

Thanks in advance
There has been some scamming going on in Australia in recent times re work experiences and english level certificates, more with international students here than offshore applications.
Thus a lot of organisations may betightening up re ensuring genuiness of documents and consider direct supply one means.

Perhaps if you're worried about the assessment payment in vain and have not submitted an IEA assessment application yet, you could have your IEA application ready and have a chat with the IELTS people and see if you can find out the score and then have them send the results a few days after you submit the application.

You should also have a read of english requirements for secondary applicants on a GSM175 and the possible need for secondary applicant IELTS scores to avoid a Second Installment application fee.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

tejas is an unknown quantity at this point

you can submit your IELTS test result when ever you want . i mean suppose you won't get 6 in each during first attempt after submission of application for assessment then you have to sit for IELTS again till you will have 6 in each module. you just need to apply for assessment only once no more. there is no deadline for submission of IELTS with 6 in each one you will get 6 in each then they will issue your outcome of assessment if they satisfied with your CDR.
Hello everyone.

Thanks in advance