Idiots guide to 457

Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Idiots guide to 457

Well, i have seemingly completed the on line form for my 457, though not submitted it yet as credit card is maxed till next week. But from here i am totally stumped. I am not very good at this sort of thing and wonder if anyone who has gone through it could advise a blundering idiot through the process. A few questions to start you off (and show my stupidity)
1) I know i have to submit documents. Are these attached electronicaly?
2) Do they have to be certified in some way? or can i just scan things in?
3) I have to have a chest x ray. Where?
4) What documents do i need to provide?
5) I would assume they will need my actual passport sending. Where / when?

Any and all advice is greatly received.
Many thanks
A blundering idiot
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Idiots guide to 457

Originally Posted by verystormy
Well, i have seemingly completed the on line form for my 457, though not submitted it yet as credit card is maxed till next week. But from here i am totally stumped. I am not very good at this sort of thing and wonder if anyone who has gone through it could advise a blundering idiot through the process. A few questions to start you off (and show my stupidity)
1) I know i have to submit documents. Are these attached electronicaly?
Yes, you can attach them electronically
2) Do they have to be certified in some way? or can i just scan things in?
You can generally colour scan only. However, some case officers may ask for certified copies of things
3) I have to have a chest x ray. Where?
Take a look at www.immi.gov.au and search for panel doctors. You will be able to see which doctors/radiologists are approved in your country
4) What documents do i need to provide?
There will be a checklist of documents required.
5) I would assume they will need my actual passport sending. Where / when?
When your visa has been granted the grant letter will state what to do with your passport.

Any and all advice is greatly received.
Many thanks
A blundering idiot
All of this is explained in the DIAC website... www.immi.gov.au