I have finally given up!!

Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy I have finally given up!!

I have emailed and called sooo many companies and yet had no joy!!

We have been told Truckies may go on the SOL but still nothing and its looking highly unlikely. We are told we can go on a 457 but only if you find a sponsor. How the hell do you get a sponsor from over here!!!

I feel I have been defeated so while I sit here sobbing into my glass of whiskey and coke, feel free to give me any advice because at the moment I am banging my head against the wall.

Sorry for the rant.........just getting frustrated and just don't know what to do.

Nici

Ignore the signature ....... it ain't happening.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:37 am
Just Joined

tonyandlynne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I have finally given up!!

Hi Nici,

We are going over on a 457 as i have got sponsorship with a company so it can be done from UK. Try this and i have also cut and pasted a copy of my covering letter what got me the sponsorship. As well as Below try www.google.com.au we got my sponsorship from google.com.au search.

Make sure you send as many applications as you can. Worth a try and good luck, if you need anymore info please dont hesitate to contact me.

Have you looked at www.seek.com.au

Then type in the name of the job you want where it says keywords then it comes up with loads of jobs as i just done it an got loads up, you will then have to email as many as you can and await replies, you will have to be patient, click on each one individually and it will give you more detail of the job then email each one with a covering letter and attatch your cv. Here is a copy of my covering letter to give you an idea what i put to be sponsored. Here is my covering letter:

Dear Sir/Madam

Please find attached my up to date Resume for your consideration

Having worked for over 9 years as an Auxilliary Nurse and Home Care Worker for Mayday Nursing Bureau and Social Services in the United Kingdom. I feel that I possess the necessary skills and work experience to fulfill roles within the Residential, Aged and Home Care fields.

I hope that, on consideration of my Resume you will be persuaded that I can make a valuable member of your team.

I do not have a valid VISA for Australia so I would be looking for a sponsorship for any positions that you would consider me for. Any advice would also be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

I have been sponsored by a company as i didnt get enough points and got job within a couple of days, but we new the company did sponsorship as my husband did the search for me. Let me know how you get on and dont hesitate in asking us anything.

Good luck and dont give up.

Lynne
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Hi Nici,

I have just replied with info but they not let it on post yet, came up something about it being checked first, never had that before on any forum. Dont know why.

Lynne
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Hi,

There is an emigrate show on the 3rd and 4th March at Sandown Racecourse.

I have been the last 2 years and I suggest you go there.

There are different stalls from each of the state governments who can give you more specific information.

I am not trying to give you false hope but if you commit to going to particular towns or areas within particular states for a minimum of 2 years they lower the pass mark and give you state sponsorship to encourage people to go to areas where they really want to boost the population. Giving you the state sponsorship gives you the extra points required.

The worst thing that you may have to do is live in an area which isnt quite what you wanted for 2 years, you may even get to like it.

I would get up there this weekend nice and early with a note pad and pen and get as much info as possible.

Best of Luck

Mick
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Mick,

Will check it out on the web right now.
I am not bothered where we go ( I know we should be ).
As long as I can bring my kids up in a better environment then any where will do.

Cheers

Nici
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Thanks Nici i will email you hun.

Lynne
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:53 am
Just Joined

I have sent you an email Nici hun.

Lynne
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

It gets very busy and big queues to park so get there early and I really hope you find what you are looking for.

Mick
Old Feb 28th 2007, 11:44 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

Hi Nici
If you cant get to the emigrate show try and find out where you can go to a migrants information day I was at one last Monday About 40 people there loads of opportunity to ask questions meet with various folks. Iam sure there is one in London next week. The one I was at was very well organized was from 12 until 4.30 and free. Talks from agents, finance, reps from WE Australia and South all in all a great day. Try Visa go web site sure there is info on the London one.

Good Luck

Anne
Old Feb 28th 2007, 11:46 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

Just checked visa go web site ,next Tue one in London 6th March