Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

I have Bachelor of computer science (Honer), in which Visa class should I apply

I have Bachelor of computer science (Honer), in which Visa class should I apply

Old Dec 23rd 2012, 4:35 am
Just Joined

allooba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I have Bachelor of computer science (Honer), in which Visa class should I apply

Hello there;

I have a bachelor of computer science (Honer) and I have 6 years experience in technical support engineer in special needs equipment like (screen readers software, Braille note takers and also braille printers maintenance, training and troubleshooting ).
my question is: in which Visa class should I apply to immigrate to Australia? and also should I apply under computer science or special needs fields? note that I am chief of technical support engineers in my company, and I have good experience in blind and visually impaired tools.

Thanks.
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have Bachelor of computer science (Honer), in which Visa class should I apply

The first thing you need to do is visit the website below, do a search for the SOL or CSOL and identify an occupation that you fit into.

www.immi.gov.au
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 4:54 am
Just Joined

Default Re: I have Bachelor of computer science (Honer), in which Visa class should I apply

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
The first thing you need to do is visit the website below, do a search for the SOL or CSOL and identify an occupation that you fit into.

www.immi.gov.au
Thank you for your quick reply;

I checked this list before, and I confused with these three occupations:
Developer Programmer 261312 ACS
Software Engineer 261313 ACS
Computer Network and Systems Engineer 263111 ACS

So I need your help ...
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You need to read the descriptions of those occupations and decide which you fit into best. Nobody can do this better than you can yourself. A stranger on the internet might make a terrible mistake.
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Thank you again for your information;

I need to ask someone who has computer science same like me to ask him about his opinion and what he did?

Thanks.
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't matter what someone else did. Look to see if any of those jobs are what YOU do.
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 10:03 am
Just Joined

If I sent my certificates to Australian Computer Society for skill assessment, they can tell me in which ANZSCO code class?
Why I am asking for that, because during my career I worked in many of these classes. My bachelor certificate contain courses like networking, software engineer, DB, ... etc.
That is why I am confused, and I am sorry for disrupting you...
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 11:55 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by allooba
If I sent my certificates to Australian Computer Society for skill assessment, they can tell me in which ANZSCO code class?
Why I am asking for that, because during my career I worked in many of these classes. My bachelor certificate contain courses like networking, software engineer, DB, ... etc.
That is why I am confused, and I am sorry for disrupting you...
Hi Allooba,

It's not just a question of your qualification, but also the work you do. Have a look at the key skills of the different ANZSCO codes and see how they compare to the work you actually do. Your work needs to be closely related to your skills assessment. To be honest, in my opinion, the work you've described doesn't sound anything like any of those codes
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

thank you for your answer;

During these my experience I did, testing software, localizing, doing maintenance for printers, note takers, answering technical questions, and beside that doing the regular IT job, like installing operating systems, software and following up the networks devices.
I need to apply for Skilled migration visa to Australia. I am confusing because my job description is a part of more than one ANZSCO codes, I need you advice regarding this matter.

Thanks.
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

During these my experience I did, testing software, localizing, doing maintenance for printers, note takers, answering technical questions, and beside that doing the regular IT job, like installing operating systems, software and following up the networks devices.
I need to apply for Skilled migration visa to Australia. I am confusing because my job description is a part of more than one ANZSCO codes, I need you advice regarding this matter.

Thanks.
Nobody here can possibly tell you what occupation crude to use. If you can't work it out then we have no chance. Thus means you need to get a professional migration agent to help you,

On your last post, I agree with OS, none of those codes sounds like your occupation.
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

haideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nice

Thanks.
Hi allooba,
Yes its a difficult call for you, you have to carefully go through each occupation roles and duties and find out which one fits with your career experience. In that case you can post question on forum and get help.

Or else you have choice to go with a immigration agent (Do check for registered agent) but it will cost you and each of them charge differently.

BTW you can get ACS certification for more than one ANZSCO codes you need to submit your experience to ACS and they will certify based on your experience.

Generally going for any Visa basic roadmap is

- Basic requirement eduction/age/experience detail you can find on DIAC website.
-English Language report.
-Skill Certification.

Regards.
Old Dec 24th 2012, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

f4fred is on a distinguished road

Thanks.
Apparently your education and experience dont match. However, only ACS may provide you a definite answer and they do not respond to questions but do complete assessment. Hence, try to find out some matching duties in any of the trade and apply for ACS skills asessment to get an answer.

Regards,
Fred, F.
Old Dec 24th 2012, 6:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by f4fred
Apparently your education and experience dont match. However, only ACS may provide you a definite answer and they do not respond to questions but do complete assessment. Hence, try to find out some matching duties in any of the trade and apply for ACS skills asessment to get an answer.

Regards,
Fred, F.
Hi Fred, F;

this is best answer that I got it, I started do that.

thank you for your good advice.

thanks.
Old Dec 24th 2012, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

f4fred is on a distinguished road

Hi Fred, F;

this is best answer that I got it, I started do that.

thank you for your good advice.

thanks.
My pleasure.

Regards,
Fred, F.