Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

I AM A WEDDING AND FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHER AND HUBBY A ROSE GRAFTER NEED MORE POINTS ?

I AM A WEDDING AND FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHER AND HUBBY A ROSE GRAFTER NEED MORE POINTS ?

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

LOTTIE271100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I AM A WEDDING AND FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHER AND HUBBY A ROSE GRAFTER NEED MORE POINTS ?

hI ALL I AM NEW TO THIS SITE MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BEEN THINKING FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS ABOUT EMERGRATING AFTER SOME CLOSE FRIENDS HAVE AND MADE A REAL GO OF IT . I AM A FAMILY AND CHILDRENS AND WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BUT HAVE MANAGERIAL EXPERIENCE IN THE LEISURE INDUSTRY TO ( A LEVEL & HND LEVEL EDUCATION) MY DEAR HUSBAND WAS A MANAGER IN A BAKERY FOR 8 YEARS BUT FOR THE PAST 9 YERAS HAS BEEN A SELF EMPLOYED ROSE GRAFTER (G.C.S.E. EDUCATION) BUT WE HAVE FILLED IN LOTS OF ON LINE FORMS BUT WE DO NOT QULIFY ANY HELP PLEASE I AM LOOKING TO START UP MY OWN PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO AND HUBBY TO FIND WORK IN GARDENING NURSERIES ROSES. wE HAVE 3 CHILDREN. aNY HELP TO GET US ON THE RIGHT PATH WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRICIATED
THANKS
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:10 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I AM A WEDDING AND FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHER AND HUBBY A ROSE GRAFTER NEED MORE POINTS

My guess would be that you need to talk to an agent to help see if you qualify for any visas.

One thing to remember is that not everyone qualifies for a visa. Lots of people would love to go but can't find a path to qualify. Hopefully it will work out for you but be prepared if it doesn't.

I'm not an expert but I can't think of any visas that you would qualify for. Are you jobs even on the Skilled Occupation List? Have you looked at the immigration website and went through all the visas options?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/index.htm

And also.... please take the caps lock of, it seems like you're shouting!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:11 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I AM A WEDDING AND FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHER AND HUBBY A ROSE GRAFTER NEED MORE POINTS

Oh, and welcome to B.E.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Wilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really nice

Have you looked at the business visas? http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/busin...sa-options.htm. If you don't have enough points for the skilled visas, then maybe a subclass 160 or 163 - these may allow you to set up your own business. As comet555 says, you should talk to an agent.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:52 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

In order to qualify for a business visa you need to have business experience. These visas are usually complicated, so the advice of an agent who is experienced in this type of visa application is a must.

Like Comet says, not everyone qualifies. If you are serious about moving to Australia, then it might be in your best interest to speak to an agent about what your options are...Whether it's retraining, looking for sponsors or what. If your husband is a qualified baker - with papers to prove he is trained and has done an apprenticeship - he may be able to apply for his TRA as a baker. He will need some experience in that field to apply for the visa, but if he goes back to bakery work now he can get some much needed work experience.

Either way, speak to an agent who can offer you more than just "you don't qualify". It may mean paying for the advice, but it's worth it to see what your options really are.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:19 am
Just Joined

LOTTIE271100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone, ( i am bad for leaving my caps lock on !) sorry,

i will contact an agent i think yes we did look at the skills section our present occupations not on there , but if we put our past occupations in then we have not done those jobs for a long while , yes both have qulifications in past jobs, but not where we want to be now .
thanks any more advice is very welcome
sam