I am New and Just begining!!

Old Nov 24th 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Allison07 has a spectacular aura aboutAllison07 has a spectacular aura aboutAllison07 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: I am New and Just begining!!

Originally Posted by mr.benn
Welcome to the Forum. This site is great for finding and sharing info.

Our scenario is very similar to yours.

My husband is also a Plumber (very qualified) and we sent off our application to Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre at the end of August, still waiting for our pre-acknowledgement as there is a backlog. He will be 45 in January so have managed to get the application in just in time. Although we are not using an agent - I've filled in all the necessary paperwork and collected relative documents myself - used to be a PA before having children so personally found it quite easy.

Good luck in you application.

Mary
Well done, on completing application..sadly I have never been very good at paper work so I have to pay!! I just read your post to my Husband who said"cant she do ours then"!!Typical Plumber!!Please keep us posted with your progress,and very best of luck to you..xxx
Old Nov 24th 2007, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Allison, We were exactly where you are now on March 22nd this year, we thought "Sod this, Lets move to Australia", Its such a lot of work but it is enjoyable getting it all together, going through each stage (we have just had pre-ack after lodging our visa app on 16/08/07), its a fantasic journey and there are some really lovely people on here and also some great agents (including ours ) that post some really helpful advice.
Just want to wish you the best of luck, the late nights doing research and putting your skills assesment together etc are sooooooooo worth it!, the waiting is a killer but in the end you will get there, stick with it and Good Luck!!!, I loved reading your post because I remember it so well getting so excited!!!.......fingers crossed for you
Old Nov 24th 2007, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Allison07 has a spectacular aura aboutAllison07 has a spectacular aura aboutAllison07 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by babyboo2101
Hi Allison, We were exactly where you are now on March 22nd this year, we thought "Sod this, Lets move to Australia", Its such a lot of work but it is enjoyable getting it all together, going through each stage (we have just had pre-ack after lodging our visa app on 16/08/07), its a fantasic journey and there are some really lovely people on here and also some great agents (including ours ) that post some really helpful advice.
Just want to wish you the best of luck, the late nights doing research and putting your skills assesment together etc are sooooooooo worth it!, the waiting is a killer but in the end you will get there, stick with it and Good Luck!!!, I loved reading your post because I remember it so well getting so excited!!!.......fingers crossed for you
Dear Debbie, Joining this forum has been fantastic..so encouraging,warm and friendly..thank you for your kind words. I was explaining to my husband why I joined..it's such a help reading other peoples stories, dreams and goals. It makes you realise you are not alone or cracking up?I think its making me more determined, I see peoples time lines and see the process that you have all been through and think 'hey if they have done it, why cant we?'thank you again, Allie xx
Old Nov 24th 2007, 10:14 pm
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Allison07
Well done, on completing application..sadly I have never been very good at paper work so I have to pay!! I just read your post to my Husband who said"cant she do ours then"!!Typical Plumber!!Please keep us posted with your progress,and very best of luck to you..xxx
Hi Allie

Thank you. Will keep you posted.

Let me know how you get on too.

Mary
Old Nov 24th 2007, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mr.benn
Hi Allie

Thank you. Will keep you posted.

Let me know how you get on too.

Mary
Will do..enjoy your weekend xx
Old Nov 25th 2007, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

sandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to all

Thank you Sandra, I am soo pleased for you..this is really the most exciting experience..I am very pleased I have joined this forum..great to hear succses stories..and to be able to be excited with like minded people..very best to you and your family..good luck with the move xx
Thank you Allison, by the way never mentioned my hubby is a plumber as well so I know only too well what they are like.

Sandra
Old Nov 25th 2007, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

marksm3 is on a distinguished road

Hi all, its crazy everyone on here seems to be a plumber, i am too, my visa application was lodged 1st October, so waiting on a case officer. i totally agree with everyone the excitement is crazy, i honestly just can not wait, i am doing this on my own, so i am a little nervouse aswell as excited. have to say very glad i found this site, good to know others are feeling the same way, these next few months are going to be the longest ever.
mark
Old Nov 25th 2007, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by marksm3
Hi all, its crazy everyone on here seems to be a plumber, i am too, my visa application was lodged 1st October, so waiting on a case officer. i totally agree with everyone the excitement is crazy, i honestly just can not wait, i am doing this on my own, so i am a little nervouse aswell as excited. have to say very glad i found this site, good to know others are feeling the same way, these next few months are going to be the longest ever.
mark
It is mad!!Nearly everyone who has replied is either a plumber or plumbers wife!!Soo excited and am now addicted to this site!!thought EBAY was bad but this is more exciting and less expensive!!apart from related costs for Visas!!Good Luck Mark and keep us posted...xx
Old Nov 26th 2007, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Allison07;
on average it takes 2 years from applying to getting the visa, now then from memory a person must put into the australian system for 20 years meaning they would be 65 retirement age, so from the time your accepted it must all be done & dusted before & when he is 45 old.

i would try to have him fast tracked with the australian government if at all possible, also make sure all documentation is signed with a magistrate or police officer & dated all copies must be signed & dated for them to be a legal document.

when you get here he shall have to do exams again to the current australia regulations, regardless of any UK qualifications.

i hope you are successful in your application the more decent trade people from the UK we get here the better.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
Allison07;
on average it takes 2 years from applying to getting the visa, now then from memory a person must put into the australian system for 20 years meaning they would be 65 retirement age, so from the time your accepted it must all be done & dusted before & when he is 45 old.

i would try to have him fast tracked with the australian government if at all possible, also make sure all documentation is signed with a magistrate or police officer & dated all copies must be signed & dated for them to be a legal document.

when you get here he shall have to do exams again to the current australia regulations, regardless of any UK qualifications.

i hope you are successful in your application the more decent trade people from the UK we get here the better.
Thank you very much for your reply xx
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

sandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to all

Thank you very much for your reply xx
Alison
Just to let you know the visa application has to be in DIAC before he turns 45 we just got Daves in in time. I think it was about 10 days before he turned 45. The memory is starting to go at this stage it just seems so long ago.
Did I see you were looking at Rockingham thats where we are looking at as well.

Sandra
Old Nov 27th 2007, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sandav
Alison
Just to let you know the visa application has to be in DIAC before he turns 45 we just got Daves in in time. I think it was about 10 days before he turned 45. The memory is starting to go at this stage it just seems so long ago.
Did I see you were looking at Rockingham thats where we are looking at as well.

Sandra
Thank you Sandra, I have paid for the searches and initial forms/consulation etc..but migration bureau lady is on holiday!!she thinks we will have enough time to get apps in before OH 45th, god I hope she's right..all I can do is think about Australia,live,eat and sleep Australia!!
Yes we are looking in to Rockingham/Sectret Harbour/Port Kennedy..Just looks fantastic and a million miles away from where we are now..and thats excactly where I want to be!!A million miles away from here!!Dont you just wish that we could go..leave now..shoot upto Heathrow, jump on a plane and GO,ugh!!So frustrating..Ive been on Amazon and had delivered a ton load of books that I can read about Australia..so when I am not on here I can still keep my mind busy?I am sooo Sad..need more in my life, probably? Thanks again for your reply..I do tend to go a bit..sorry..Allison x
Old Nov 27th 2007, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

marksm3 is on a distinguished road

Thank you Sandra, I have paid for the searches and initial forms/consulation etc..but migration bureau lady is on holiday!!she thinks we will have enough time to get apps in before OH 45th, god I hope she's right..all I can do is think about Australia,live,eat and sleep Australia!!
Yes we are looking in to Rockingham/Sectret Harbour/Port Kennedy..Just looks fantastic and a million miles away from where we are now..and thats excactly where I want to be!!A million miles away from here!!Dont you just wish that we could go..leave now..shoot upto Heathrow, jump on a plane and GO,ugh!!So frustrating..Ive been on Amazon and had delivered a ton load of books that I can read about Australia..so when I am not on here I can still keep my mind busy?I am sooo Sad..need more in my life, probably? Thanks again for your reply..I do tend to go a bit..sorry..Allison x
HI Alison, there is a great magazine that you can subscribe to and get delivered every month, its called australia and new zealand, it really is good lots of useful info on all sorts. Have to say i am the same i am total wind down with my bussiness as cant think of anything else but ozz. if you want details how to subscribe to magazine let me know, its the highlight of my month when it arrives Sad ! eh!

Mark
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

HI Alison, there is a great magazine that you can subscribe to and get delivered every month, its called australia and new zealand, it really is good lots of useful info on all sorts. Have to say i am the same i am total wind down with my bussiness as cant think of anything else but ozz. if you want details how to subscribe to magazine let me know, its the highlight of my month when it arrives Sad ! eh!

Mark
Yes please Mark, thank you...your not sad..I think were all desperate though!!Misty..Drizzle..Damp and Freezing here..I keep looking at pictures of people on beaches wishing it was me there and not here turning the heating up..brrr..Allison xx
Old Nov 27th 2007, 3:48 am
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

Mark
You can also buy this magazine in WHSmiths - I think it is about £3.75. We buy it from time to time if something jumps out on the content page that is of interest.

Mary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.