I am going to apply 175 MODL

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

umer830 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I am going to apply 175 MODL

Hi All,

I am lodging my Skilled 175 MODL application in next week DEC. Can someone give me an idear how long my application will take Though I have MODL as well. It will be greate for any kind of help. Good luck to those applying in December
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 6:54 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am going to apply 175 MODL

The average processing time for online applications is about 3 months. Although, that will depend on whether you frontload your medicals & police checks and if your case officer decides to do employment verification.

Good luck with your application.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The average processing time for online applications is about 3 months. Although, that will depend on whether you frontload your medicals & police checks and if your case officer decides to do employment verification.

Hi Dorothy,

I am submitting a paper based application here from pakistan. But I am seding following docs at the moment
1- 112i application form
2-ACS success letter
3-Experience certificates
4-Acdemic Certificates
5- IELTS result with 7.0 overall and atleast 6.0 I got in each module

Now question is "frontload your medicals & police checks " mean should I submit these two documents along with application to make processing fast. I could not get it actually.

Waiting for your reply.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

naveenbabuk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by umer830
Hi Dorothy,

I am submitting a paper based application here from pakistan. But I am seding following docs at the moment
1- 112i application form
2-ACS success letter
3-Experience certificates
4-Acdemic Certificates
5- IELTS result with 7.0 overall and atleast 6.0 I got in each module

Now question is "frontload your medicals & police checks " mean should I submit these two documents along with application to make processing fast. I could not get it actually.

Waiting for your reply.
Hi Umer,

If your's is paper base application i suggest you to wait until CO asks for them. Why don't you apply online? I can see from other posts, online applications are much much faster than paper base applications.

Cheers
Naveen
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by naveenbabuk
Hi Umer,

If your's is paper base application i suggest you to wait until CO asks for them. Why don't you apply online? I can see from other posts, online applications are much much faster than paper base applications.

Cheers
Naveen

I am afraid of making online payment of 2050$ here from pakistan. What if there is an issue with correct payment transaction. Though I have credit card.Secondly i have to scan and upload all documents. These two thigns are in my mind. Making me to apply paper application
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:15 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

You can submit the Police Clearance Certificates with your application, if you have them. Or you can send them as soon as you receive them from authorities and send them separately, before CO's request. Medicals are sent by the doctor directly, so you do not actually send anything yourself, but you are free to take the medicals before they were requested by your CO. Once the CO is allocated, there will be no waiting on that particular step, so you gain yourself a couple-few weeks.

Mind the allocation timeframes though, the paper based applications filed after Sept 1st have not yet started, so you may be looking at something after New Year's time before anyone looks at your paperwork - keep in mind that both PCC and medicals have "shelf life" and doing them too early could mean they expire before a decision is made, in which case you would have to do them again.
NJ
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

naveenbabuk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by umer830
I am afraid of making online payment of 2050$ here from pakistan. What if there is an issue with correct payment transaction. Though I have credit card.Secondly i have to scan and upload all documents. These two thigns are in my mind. Making me to apply paper application
Online payment to DIMIA shouldn't be a problem as i havn't heard any sad story about it. I felt scanning is pretty easy than getting the sign from JP or equivalant officer but it all depends on your comfort level but beware paper base application take longer time than the online base applications.

Cheers
Naveen
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

I have worked for registered migration agents for years now and have lodged hundreds (if not thousands) of applications online. I've never yet had a problem with a credit card. It's as safe to pay for it online as it is to put your credit card details on the form and post it - probably safe since it passes through fewer hands.

As for the medicals and police checks, we never ever advise our clients to front load them with the application. There may be a hitch and the application gets lodged later than planned so that they expire before the visa is granted, or there may not be enough time upon grant for the client to adequately tie up their affairs before travelling.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about

I think if u connect from your PC via dialup to the ISP, then there are very less chances of hacking in between. Try not to pay from within LAN or from anyone else PC.
2ndly, in Pakistan you can call your bank and ask them to block your CC as soon as you made transaction OR you may ask them to get your assurance first before deducting any money from your account.
Scanning should not be a problem. It will save your time, money and efforts which is more when it comes to certifying document. All in all, i prefer online app. I will also do online for my 175 MODL, but before that I am worried for my PCC from Pakistan, which I think is a challenge to get

All the Best!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

leocrespo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: I am going to apply 175 MODL

Hi!

I've applied on 22 Nov and I'm wondering where did you get that estimative. I would really love to believe on a 3 month processing time, but aren't you being too optimistic? Only 12 weeks?

I applied for 175 MODL and frontloaded everything, they've received my meds at LCU yesterday, according to Fedex.

Regards,

Leonardo.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:39 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leocrespo
Hi!

I've applied on 22 Nov and I'm wondering where did you get that estimative. I would really love to believe on a 3 month processing time, but aren't you being too optimistic? Only 12 weeks?

I applied for 175 MODL and frontloaded everything, they've received my meds at LCU yesterday, according to Fedex.

Regards,

Leonardo.
I got that from DIAC. The agency I work for was sent a memo from the department saying that should everything be included with the application then the time should be within 3 months.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: I am going to apply 175 MODL

I got that from DIAC. The agency I work for was sent a memo from the department saying that should everything be included with the application then the time should be within 3 months.
Dorothy,

Fantastic! I was expecting 8 months and I am very happy to read your post. I am guessing these 3 months are for low risk countries right? Since I'm applying from Brazil, do you reckon it is fair to estimate it between 4-5 months? Am I being too optimistic?

Thank you for sharing that information with us.

Regards,

Leonardo.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:52 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by leocrespo
Dorothy,

Fantastic! I was expecting 8 months and I am very happy to read your post. I am guessing these 3 months are for low risk countries right? Since I'm applying from Brazil, do you reckon it is fair to estimate it between 4-5 months? Am I being too optimistic?

Thank you for sharing that information with us.

Regards,

Leonardo.
It didn't say anything about low risk or high risk. Just that online applications which included all required information should be within that processing time. I hope they're right.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

It didn't say anything about low risk or high risk. Just that online applications which included all required information should be within that processing time. I hope they're right.
Dorothy,

That's even better news. Thank you!

Leonardo