Husband 45 in Jan 2009

Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:37 am
Telford Tigers fan

stumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Husband 45 in Jan 2009

Hello, our TRA application was submitted last week and we are just about to start our State Sponsorship application. I know you are ok if your visa application is submitted before 45th birthday so my question is will he be safe once the State Sponsorship app has gone in? Thread should read 2010 not 2009

Jane

Last edited by stumo; Jun 12th 2009 at 11:55 am. Reason: Incorrect thread title
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:50 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Husband 45 in Jan 2009

Originally Posted by stumo
Hello, our TRA application was submitted last week and we are just about to start our State Sponsorship application. I know you are ok if your visa application is submitted before 45th birthday so my question is will he be safe once the State Sponsorship app has gone in?

Jane
I presume you mean January 2010? If so, and your visa application is IN before his 45th birthday, you'll be fine! I've heard of people submitting their visa apps right up until midnight the night before! lol
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:51 am

Perthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud of

Hi

No - you have to lodge your visa application before his 45th birthday.

Once you get your TRA results (positive obv) have you got enough points to apply for a 175? (120 points) If so you could lodge this while waiting for state sponsorship and then simply (and at no extra cost) change over to a 176 to get priority processing.

If you havn't got enough points, I would ring the state you are applying for and explain that you have a significant birthday coming up, and I've heard that they will give you a descision sooner rather than later based on this fact.

Good luck with everything!

P
x
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:54 am
Telford Tigers fan

stumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthfect
Hi

No - you have to lodge your visa application before his 45th birthday.

Once you get your TRA results (positive obv) have you got enough points to apply for a 175? (120 points) If so you could lodge this while waiting for state sponsorship and then simply (and at no extra cost) change over to a 176 to get priority processing.

If you havn't got enough points, I would ring the state you are applying for and explain that you have a significant birthday coming up, and I've heard that they will give you a descision sooner rather than later based on this fact.

Good luck with everything!

P
x
Sorry, meant Jan 2010. No we need the state sponsorship to give us the points we are short. So is the state sponsorship application OK then as long as before his 45th birthday? Or does it have to be the actual visa application that is submitted. Many thanks
Old Jun 12th 2009, 12:37 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stumo
Sorry, meant Jan 2010. No we need the state sponsorship to give us the points we are short. So is the state sponsorship application OK then as long as before his 45th birthday? Or does it have to be the actual visa application that is submitted. Many thanks
It has to be the visa application in before his 45th birthday. Not the state sponsorship. However, if you already have the positive skills assessment then get your state sponsorship application in now and you should still have plenty of time. It's still 6 months until January.