Wikiposts

Hurrah VETASSESS completed!!

Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of
Default Hurrah VETASSESS completed!!

Hi

So pleased, first hurdle out of the way!!

Due to visit Perth on the 11th of August, hopefully submitt our application in Sept!!!

Whopeee!!!

Claire x
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hurrah VETASSESS completed!!

Originally Posted by Wandathecat
Hi

So pleased, first hurdle out of the way!!

Due to visit Perth on the 11th of August, hopefully submitt our application in Sept!!!

Whopeee!!!

Claire x
Sounds like a plan .... unless you are being sponsored by a relative and are affected by the 01 September changes.

e.g,

Visa Application made prior to 01 September
Subclass 138
Pass-mark = 110

Score:
If aged 34-39 = 20
English = 20
VETASSESS = 50
3 years recent skilled experience = 05
sponsorship by relative = 15

Score required 110 and have option for extra 5 points if aged 40 to 44 via the investment.

Visa application made on or after 01 September under new subclass with no points for Sponsorship, possible less points for English and no investment option - but with reduced pass-mark:
pass-mark = 100

Score:
If aged 34-39 = 20
English = 15 unless IELTS is sat and score of at least 7 in each category is scored
VETASSESS = 50
3 years recent skilled experience = 05
sponsorship by relative = 00

Score is now 90 and the whole application depends on you getting the required score in an English test - Aged 40 to 44 ane there may be a serious problem.

So just make sure that you will be OK under the new system or get the application in by 30th August.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Thanks Tony

My partner is the main applicant as his Uncle lives there so we are going down the family sponsored route.

Its me who needed the Vetassess stuff, I am the one with the brain

I take it 1st Sept won't affect us?

Claire
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wandathecat
Thanks Tony

My partner is the main applicant as his Uncle lives there so we are going down the family sponsored route.

Its me who needed the Vetassess stuff, I am the one with the brain

I take it 1st Sept won't affect us?

Claire

You will still be the main applicant eventhough your partner is the relative of the sponsor - how are your points made up under the current 110 pass-mark ? You will lose points for an application lodged after the changes come into effect - may not be a problem if you score plenty anyway or you may have to be relying on a very good score in an English test.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896