457 Visa medical requirments

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

mattlucas is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 457 Visa medical requirments

Hi

Just after some advice. My partner has been told as she has an over active thyroid that she needs to have a medical as well as a x-ray. Fine we thought but after talking to the doc's receptionist she reckons my partner is going to need all kinds of tests including HIV and these are going to take some time to do. (time we don't have I need to start work over there sooner rather than later ! )

Do you still need all these tests for the 457 visa ?? on top of a normal medical? I thought you only needed all these tests if your were applying for a PR visa

any help would be greatly received

Thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 Visa medical requirments

Sounds like they are getting confused with PR visa. Think the receptionist does not know full facts regarding 457 visa medicals.

We have had the 457 visa recently and HIV was not one of the test. My hubby works with kids so needed a medical examination as well as the xray.(People working with kids or medical jobs need medical exam) Me and teen just need chest xray, and younger kids basic medical examination.

The 457 medicals are more basic than Permanent visa medicals.

Also just to put you at ease about your partners medical issues. We applied with two kids with serious medical conditions and passed. Get a letter from you doctor saying what the condition is and that they are basically leading a normal life. They will attach this to the file.

We did this and everything went through ok and quickly.

GOOD LUCK

GEMS
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

PS, just remembered hubby asked did he need HIV tests etc. The doc said NO only PR visa.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Thanks for your response.

Thats what I was thinking we just wanted to make sure we knew what was needed before going to the doctors so they don't do any tests that are not needed and charge us for them !

Cheers
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

XcitedM is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm currently in the process of applying for a 457 and feel like i am banging head against brick wall! (My contract starts on the 1st August and my workplace / agent have not even told me what is going on. Don't think they have lodged an application yet...)

How did the process work for you? Did you need to have police checks done?

Originally Posted by Gems
Sounds like they are getting confused with PR visa. Think the receptionist does not know full facts regarding 457 visa medicals.

We have had the 457 visa recently and HIV was not one of the test. My hubby works with kids so needed a medical examination as well as the xray.(People working with kids or medical jobs need medical exam) Me and teen just need chest xray, and younger kids basic medical examination.

The 457 medicals are more basic than Permanent visa medicals.

Also just to put you at ease about your partners medical issues. We applied with two kids with serious medical conditions and passed. Get a letter from you doctor saying what the condition is and that they are basically leading a normal life. They will attach this to the file.

We did this and everything went through ok and quickly.

GOOD LUCK

GEMS
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

No police check needed for 457 visa.

Hubby got one but it was for registering his teaching qualification nowt to do with visa.

You need to get them to get a move on as there is a backlog on 457 visa. You really should be filling in the form now if your starting 1st August. CONTACT THEM NOW!

They give you a code. Then you go online and put in the code on the immigration website on 457 visa application page. This gives you access to the form.

Then fill in the online form and attach documents and make payment. You dont have to complete application all at once. You can save, then re-check or finish before finalising and paying.

* To speed things along, start scanning and saving your documents, birth certificates, wedding certificates, passports, qualifications, reference from current employer, CV.

You dont need to get them certified so save lots of money! As long as its online application and you have scanned them in COLOUR. The immigration office accept this.

Once application is in, you can keep checking online what happening. You will be told to get your medicals done. Once they are recieved in Sydney this is usually last bit. Then online it will change to medical finalised, then visa granted.

Good Luck
GEMS
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

XcitedM is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Gems

It's driving me crazy as I feel like I am having to do HR and the agents job for them from here.

As far as I am concerned they can send me on a tourist visa and then I cant work them and i can enjoy a holiday instead!

I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not but my company is allocated a number of slots for 457s and I'll be taking one of those.

And they havent asked me for anything except my CV and scanned passports pages for myself and partner.

(To add to the trauma I dont even know if we have enough de facto evidence despite having been with my partner for 18mths)
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Gems
PS, just remembered hubby asked did he need HIV tests etc. The doc said NO only PR visa.
Going for our medicals on wednesday for 457 visa. we've been told we both need hep b hep c and hiv. I'm a nurse and OH has a tattoo.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

boyz119 will become famous soon enoughboyz119 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mooncat
Going for our medicals on wednesday for 457 visa. we've been told we both need hep b hep c and hiv. I'm a nurse and OH has a tattoo.
I think yoou'll find thats right. We had our meds just over a week ago. We had to have all bloods. I'm nurse, OH also healthcare.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 8:49 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boyz119
I think yoou'll find thats right. We had our meds just over a week ago. We had to have all bloods. I'm nurse, OH also healthcare.
If you're going to work in healthcare, then you need the extra tests (hep and HIV) even on a 457. But "ordinary mortals" don't need those.

Gina
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Angry Re: 457 Visa medical requirments

My partner is going for her medical tomorrow.

We spoke to the doctor on the phone today and he said as we are going to be there longer than 12 months she needs HIV I a gonna go with her and ask about this as I am convinced she does not need one.

On reading this http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1163i.pdf
there is no mention of having hep and HIV test unless you are going to be working in health care or school.

Is the doctor just trying to get as much money out of as as he can ?????? thats what I want to know?

Our Visa agent has just said the doctor will do what ever tests he feels necessary !!

Does not sound right to me
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

If you applied on line you will have a list of the items outstanding for visa to be granted ie medicals, x ray etc we asked specifically for those tests you can print it off and take if with you.

good luck with meds etc we had ours today.

Sarah
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nigelb
If you applied on line you will have a list of the items outstanding for visa to be granted ie medicals, x ray etc we asked specifically for those tests you can print it off and take if with you.

Sarah
No we didn't apply online. The company I an going to work for have employed an agent and it is the agent that is dealing with the application. They are just telling us what to do and when.

They have not really been that helpfully regarding the medicals so we are trying to our own research before going to the Docs tomorrow.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nigelb

Sarah
One other thing. Are your medicals for a 457 ?? If so did you need to have HIV and Hep b,c test done ??
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

Hi yes we are 457 app, I am a nurse so had medical, HIV, hepb and hep c bloods and x ray, OH needed only xray as not involved in healthcare or teaching etc, daughter age 10 needed medical only.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.