HSBC sux....

Old Aug 13th 2002, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

chana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HSBC sux....

HSBC (not UK) will sign the document for opening accounts but will have to charge me approximately US$4 to do it. This is really sad....

Please let this thread continue.
If non-HSBC, I found out that Westpac seems a bit decent if you put A$2000 into their bank.
Old Aug 13th 2002, 4:26 pm
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: HSBC sux....

Originally posted by chana:
HSBC (not UK) will sign the document for opening accounts but will have to charge me approximately US$4 to do it. This is really sad....

Please let this thread continue.
If non-HSBC, I found out that Westpac seems a bit decent if you put A$2000 into their bank.
Just a guess (don't take this the wrong way, just correct me) do you mean HSBC India? I'm surprised they're charging to sign this document, I'd have thought they want to keep A/Cs enough to do this FOC. Did you complain to the manager? Usually works. HSBC is an excellent bank with a fine tradition, true also in India (I don't mean the old UK Midland Bank which HongKong and Shanghai Banking Corporation bought a few years ago and is taking a while to turn around, culture-wise). If you raise your complaint up a level or two, you will win. I honestly know, won't say why for privacy reasons, I just do. No way will Honkers & Shankers charge you for an internal referral.
Old Aug 13th 2002, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

kitkatz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re: HSBC sux....

Certainly here in the UK my branch signed the papers with no questions asked - I had forgotton to take a copy of my passport and she made the photocopy for me FOC.