Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How to update DIMIA about my current status?

How to update DIMIA about my current status?

Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

chmushi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to update DIMIA about my current status?

Hi forum,

I have applied for the immigration in skill independent category on 13th April 2004. i received the confirmation letter (by post) on 30th June. now i have quitted my previous company on 1st June and joined another one. Also my previous previous company is closed. i wanted to update DIMIA about my current employment status. What is the best method to do that? i have got only the file number and no info about the case officer. Should i write a letter about my current employment status or should i email simply at [email protected]?
Thanks in advance.

Mushi
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:11 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to update DIMIA about my current status?

I didnt know you had to tell them if you change job!
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:16 am

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by chmushi
Hi forum,

I have applied for the immigration in skill independent category on 13th April 2004. i received the confirmation letter (by post) on 30th June. now i have quitted my previous company on 1st June and joined another one. Also my previous previous company is closed. i wanted to update DIMIA about my current employment status. What is the best method to do that? i have got only the file number and no info about the case officer. Should i write a letter about my current employment status or should i email simply at [email protected]?
Thanks in advance.

Mushi
Hi Mushi,

why you want to inform DIMIA about your job change?? I think no need. Regarding your previous company (the one already closed) did you submitted the employer ref to DIMIA, and did you gave any statutory declaration stating that this emplyer is no longer trading. If yes no problem.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

No i have not informed DIMIA about the prev employer that he is no longer in business. Please guide me how to send a "statutory declaration" in this regard.
Thnaks

Originally Posted by Prince1975
Hi Mushi,

why you want to inform DIMIA about your job change?? I think no need. Regarding your previous company (the one already closed) did you submitted the employer ref to DIMIA, and did you gave any statutory declaration stating that this emplyer is no longer trading. If yes no problem.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:44 am

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough

No i have not informed DIMIA about the prev employer that he is no longer in business. Please guide me how to send a "statutory declaration" in this regard.
Thnaks
Either you can get a letter from any of your previous colleagues or bosses stating the closure of the company or you can declare it yourself. But why you are worring too much on this. They won't contact your prevous employer in all cases. If anything is serious your CO will als you to provide the documents.

Experts correct me if I am wrong
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

I know for sure that they check the work reference of your previous employers, AU embessy does contact your previous company.

Originally Posted by Prince1975
Either you can get a letter from any of your previous colleagues or bosses stating the closure of the company or you can declare it yourself. But why you are worring too much on this. They won't contact your prevous employer in all cases. If anything is serious your CO will als you to provide the documents.

Experts correct me if I am wrong
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:23 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Hi forum,

Thanks in advance.

Mushi
When the DIMIA write to you requesting Medicals and Police checks they enclose a form asking for any changes in circumstances, which is when you can let them know. If you can prove the company exists, ie through company house, this along with a stat dec may help. It might be worth getting advice from an agent on this.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by claire edwards
When the DIMIA write to you requesting Medicals and Police checks they enclose a form asking for any changes in circumstances, which is when you can let them know. If you can prove the company exists, ie through company house, this along with a stat dec may help. It might be worth getting advice from an agent on this.
I can't understand what the problem is. I'm sure that DIMIA only need to be informed of changes in Personal Circumstances (ie illness, pregnancy, change of address etc). Regarding your employment status, work experience is only counted up to the date of application. Anything after that is completely irrelevent.

Personally, I wouldn't bother even mentioning it.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Wozza is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi forum,

Thanks in advance.

Mushi
You applied in April and got your confirmation letter in June - HOW DID YOU WRANGLE THAT?!?!!?!?!? I applied in Feb and have heard NOTHING at all..!

Woz.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Cool Re: How to update DIMIA about my current status?

Originally Posted by Wozza
You applied in April and got your confirmation letter in June - HOW DID YOU WRANGLE THAT?!?!!?!?!? I applied in Feb and have heard NOTHING at all..!

Woz.

Hi Woz!

actually they dispatched the letter on 21th of MAY(my application reached there on 13th April). but unfortunately this letter 1st went to India (i dont know why it happened so) and then returned to my country.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Wozza is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Woz!

actually they dispatched the letter on 21th of MAY(my application reached there on 13th April). but unfortunately this letter 1st went to India (i dont know why it happened so) and then returned to my country.

You're one of the lucky ones then - I stared applying 15 months ago and am still waiting!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 1:38 am

I know for sure that they check the work reference of your previous employers, AU embessy does contact your previous company.

DIMIA won't check the emplyer reference for all the cases. They didn't do this for me, so as to many of my friends here.

where are you from? do the applicants from your area face this problem. As long as all your ref docs are genuine no need to worry at all.