Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How to register and apply for state sponsorship for Retail Pharmacist???

How to register and apply for state sponsorship for Retail Pharmacist???

Old May 16th 2013, 7:08 am
Ash

soft is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation How to register and apply for state sponsorship for Retail Pharmacist???

Hello everybody,

We are currently at Australia, I have almost finishing my Masters in ERP systems.

And My wife has finished Diploma in Pharmacy in own country with more than 2 years of work experience as Retail Pharmacist there.

My question is,

I want her to work as professional Retail pharmacist here, How can I register her Retail Pharmacist profession in Australia?

What are the steps I should check to register her as pharmacist here?

I will be applying for VISA SUBCLASS 489 or 189, Can I claim 5 points of partner point's profession??

Can I apply for state sponsorship as Retail pharmacist based on her Diploma in pharmacist and 2 years of experience ?

Thanks in advance,

Please need your assistance..

Waiting for reply,

Ash
Old May 16th 2013, 10:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to register and apply for state sponsorship for Retail Pharmacist???

Originally Posted by soft
Hello everybody,

We are currently at Australia, I have almost finishing my Masters in ERP systems.

And My wife has finished Diploma in Pharmacy in own country with more than 2 years of work experience as Retail Pharmacist there.

My question is,

I want her to work as professional Retail pharmacist here, How can I register her Retail Pharmacist profession in Australia?

What are the steps I should check to register her as pharmacist here?

I will be applying for VISA SUBCLASS 489 or 189, Can I claim 5 points of partner point's profession??

Can I apply for state sponsorship as Retail pharmacist based on her Diploma in pharmacist and 2 years of experience ?

Thanks in advance,

Please need your assistance..

Waiting for reply,

Ash
The first thing you need to be aware of is cultural differences between your home country and Australia. She will need to register herself, you cannot do it for her, and it is up to her whether she wants to work in that field, not whether you want it or not.
Old May 16th 2013, 12:09 pm
Ash

soft is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to register and apply for state sponsorship for Retail Pharmacist???

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The first thing you need to be aware of is cultural differences between your home country and Australia. She will need to register herself, you cannot do it for her, and it is up to her whether she wants to work in that field, not whether you want it or not.
Thanks for the reply,

Actually she really wants to work as pharmacist here n told me to inquire more about this..

So can u pls help us how to proceed further for registration ?

Does she is eligible to give exam n register here as well?

How can we apply for state sponsoring n partner skills 5 points?

Would appreciate a lot with your advice...

Thanks
Ash
Old May 16th 2013, 12:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills.../subclass-190/ will tell you how to apply for State Sponsorship. Can't help with the pharmacy stuff though.
Old May 19th 2013, 12:33 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soft
Thanks for the reply,

Actually she really wants to work as pharmacist here n told me to inquire more about this..

So can u pls help us how to proceed further for registration ?

Does she is eligible to give exam n register here as well?

How can we apply for state sponsoring n partner skills 5 points?

Would appreciate a lot with your advice...

Thanks
Ash
Pollyana is right - she will need to arrange the registration etc herself, you won't be able to do it on her behalf. She may find it difficult to register as a pharmacist if she's only done a diploma. Most accredited schools of pharmacy either do a four year BPharm or, as in the UK, do a four year MPharm degree. She will need to see if she is eligible for registration in Australia with that qualification.

She will need to have her skills assessed by APharmC. Having had a quick look, unless she's from the UK, USA, Ireland or Canada, she would have to go through stream A, which means she would need to meet the English language requirements too (a score of either A or B in all components of the OET, or an overall score of 7.5 in the academic IELTS test - with a minimum of 7 in each band). She would also need to do a full internship (like pre-registration). Once the pre-reg is done & exams are passed etc, she would then be eligible to apply for registration with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.

As for partner skills, are both of your skills on the same skilled occupation list? If they are, and you meet all the criteria, then I don't see why you couldn't go for partner skills points. If they are not on the same SOL, then no, you can't.