Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

how to prove you worked 12 of last 24 months in an occupation on SOL??

how to prove you worked 12 of last 24 months in an occupation on SOL??

Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:41 am
Just Joined

hogand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how to prove you worked 12 of last 24 months in an occupation on SOL??

I hope someone can advise on this -

How do you prove that you have worked for at least 12 of the last 24 months in an occupation on the SOL? what evidence do you need to give?

The reason I ask is because I have had broken employment over the last 2 years, and also the jobs I have done will not be the same as the skill assessment i may go for.

Has anyone had difficulties in approaching employers about this?

Also, how do you prove what classification the job that you are working in is? i.e. if the job is not as clear cut as say a Doctor or accountant etc, how do you prove what Skilled Occupation it is?

The jobs I do could come under a few catagories, like intelligence officer, or business and information professional not classified elsewhere.....just dont know how to prove this if it doesnt match the skill assessment I may go for.

any advice or experiences much appreciated

thanks
Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:57 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how to prove you worked 12 of last 24 months in an occupation on SOL??

Originally Posted by hogand
I hope someone can advise on this -

How do you prove that you have worked for at least 12 of the last 24 months in an occupation on the SOL? what evidence do you need to give?

The reason I ask is because I have had broken employment over the last 2 years, and also the jobs I have done will not be the same as the skill assessment i may go for.

Has anyone had difficulties in approaching employers about this?

Also, how do you prove what classification the job that you are working in is? i.e. if the job is not as clear cut as say a Doctor or accountant etc, how do you prove what Skilled Occupation it is?

The jobs I do could come under a few catagories, like intelligence officer, or business and information professional not classified elsewhere.....just dont know how to prove this if it doesnt match the skill assessment I may go for.

any advice or experiences much appreciated

thanks
You will need to provide detailed references from your employers, past and present, for the past 24 months. The references must state your job title, main duties, hours worked per week, pay, etc.