How to prove Sister as Dependant

Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:41 am
Just Joined

mohasan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to prove Sister as Dependant

Hi All,

I would be applying for my Skilled Independent migration this week, and would like to know if I can and how to prove my sister as my dependant so that she can also migrate with me to Australia.

Although my parents are earning, but my sister who is 25 years old, stays with me.

Hence, please let me know if it is ok to include my sister as my dependant while I apply for the Visa as she stays with me and I look after her financially.
What are the documents, evidence etc required for this.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
Shad.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How to prove Sister as Dependant

Originally Posted by mohasan
Hi All,

I would be applying for my Skilled Independent migration this week, and would like to know if I can and how to prove my sister as my dependant so that she can also migrate with me to Australia.

Although my parents are earning, but my sister who is 25 years old, stays with me.

Hence, please let me know if it is ok to include my sister as my dependant while I apply for the Visa as she stays with me and I look after her financially.

Regards,
Shad.
very difficult to prove an adult over 21 of working age as a dependent. you will have a very hard time convincing DIAC
Old Apr 26th 2009, 1:51 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Regards,
Shad.
You will have to show that she is completely dependent on you for all of her financial needs. Is there a reason why she cannot work? Or that your parents are not able to provide for her? As has been said, it will be very difficult for you to prove that a 25 year old healthy person is dependent.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:43 am
Just Joined

mohasan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dorothy and Slippery30 and thanks for your replies...

Q1) I wanted to know if should still take a chance and include my Sister as my dependant while lodging my Visa application? Will including her in my visa application will in anyways affect my Visa outcome? Can I take a chance?

Q2) To answer Dorothy's question, there is no particular reason why she is not working. After her graduation, she started staying with my family and since me and my wife both are working, she looks after my household completely. This keeps her occupied and she is not interested in working.

Please advise.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Shad
Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:25 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dorothy and Slippery30 and thanks for your replies...

Q1) I wanted to know if should still take a chance and include my Sister as my dependant while lodging my Visa application? Will including her in my visa application will in anyways affect my Visa outcome? Can I take a chance?

Q2) To answer Dorothy's question, there is no particular reason why she is not working. After her graduation, she started staying with my family and since me and my wife both are working, she looks after my household completely. This keeps her occupied and she is not interested in working.

Please advise.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Shad
With all due respect, not interested in working does not make your sister dependent. It makes her lazy. She is very unlikely to be deemed dependent by DIAC for immigration purposes if she simply chooses not to work. So, get her to get out, get a job, get experience and if she wants to move to Australia do it on her own merits.
Old May 4th 2009, 2:38 am
24Dec2009:175 - Got Visa

apnavsari is an unknown quantity at this point

How about if the sister is full time student living with me and i pay for her fees while she works part-time too

Please suggest,

Thanks
AJ
Old May 4th 2009, 10:18 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by apnavsari
How about if the sister is full time student living with me and i pay for her fees while she works part-time too

Please suggest,

Thanks
AJ
If she works part time then she is capable of working and therefore not dependent. When she's finished school she can get a full time job and come to Australia on her skills.
Old May 4th 2009, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Mikoy21 is an unknown quantity at this point

A dependent is someone who is unable to care for or support themselves and looks for such care and/or support from another.

I suggest you exclude her from your application.
Old May 4th 2009, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

name_lesscreation is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i have applied for 175 VE and have included my sister in my visa application as well. But with me circumstances are different. Our parents are not alive and me and my sister are living togather. She is full time student and i have been bearing all her expenses since death of our parents. Moreover i had talked to diac about this and they said its fine to include her if she was under 23 years at the time of application. I got my case officer a month ago and he asked for direct evidence of dependency like i pay her fees and for all her daily expenses, bills and stuff. I also asked them What happens if the CO isn't fully satisifed that there is enough evidence to prove dependency?The CO will DEFINITELY contact the Primary applicant. This was all they said. But with u situation is different ur parents are alive and ur sister is 25. Honestly its hard to prove dependency and whole process of visa is on stake. So u better not include her in ur application. They ask for evidences of last 1 year before applying the application like bank transfers from ur account to her account, bills u pay on her behalf, any university fees u paid for her and stuff like that. If u really have the strong evidences then go for it and if u dont have them then don't take chance coz the process involves alot of money, time and effort.
Regards

Last edited by name_lesscreation; May 4th 2009 at 8:53 pm.
Old May 5th 2009, 1:45 am
24Dec2009:175 - Got Visa

apnavsari is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys for great suggestion.
I have the bank and credit card statements to proving that I pay for her fees and also that she lives at my address for the last 5 years. My parents are living with me as well and dependent on me too but I know I cannot prove them to be my dependent. I don't know may be I should take a chance or not.

Thanks
Aj
Old May 5th 2009, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by apnavsari
Thanks guys for great suggestion.
I have the bank and credit card statements to proving that I pay for her fees and also that she lives at my address for the last 5 years. My parents are living with me as well and dependent on me too but I know I cannot prove them to be my dependent. I don't know may be I should take a chance or not.

Thanks
Aj
I don't see how in all the world you can argue that your sister as a full-time student is a DEPENDENT on you - in Canada of all places !
Old May 5th 2009, 10:57 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
I don't see how in all the world you can argue that your sister as a full-time student is a DEPENDENT on you - in Canada of all places !
Why not in Canada?
Old May 5th 2009, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future

sorry deleted my message because it was probably abit harsh and i am just having trouble sleeping! am not a nasty person!
Old May 5th 2009, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

ozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really nice

Hi

We are in similar situation in that we have 2 ' just' adult sons who are between college courses (having abandoned their respective courses, changing subjects next term) and have no income inbetween. ( no jobs where we live)
In any case, we have included them on our application and see what happens.
If the government. officials decide they , or one of them canot be included you can still continue with your application, it doesn't mean ' one fails, all fail'. ( only on medicals )
Its probably a little different for children then an adult sister, but just try, see what happens. Yo have nothing to lose.

Ozbaz
Old Jun 5th 2009, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

mayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant futuremayur_patel has a brilliant future

Hi All,

Regards,
Shad.
Please refer the reply from my CO, I was also included my parents and two sister. Now I am thinking to remove them from my application.

Under Regulation 1.05A of the Migration (1994) Regulations, a dependant is defined as someone who is 'wholly or substantially dependent on another person for financial support'.
As a general guide, unmarried children under 18 years of age and living with the family unit are considered prima facie dependent. Where an applicant includes another relative as a dependant, the onus is on the applicant to show that the relative is dependent on the applicant.
As your parents are both alive and your siblings are living with your parents, they can not be considered to be dependant on you and your wife therefore they need to be removed from your application.
Can you please provide us with a letter that states you wish for them to be removed from your application so that we can continue to process this application.

I hope this would helps you to understand in batter way.

Regards,

Mayur Patel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.