how near to validation date dare we go??

Old Sep 1st 2004, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

kaznjeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Question how near to validation date dare we go??

got the green light yesterday so now looking into validation flights.our problem is ..our son staring final year at uni.so dont want to have term time off.date for validation is 19 march 05.to expensive at xmas,he can finish a week earlier for easter wich means flying on 14 march.leaving 4 days to get there, is this wise?
thanx karen
Old Sep 1st 2004, 4:28 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how near to validation date dare we go??

have you talked to your son? last week of term before the exams are likely to cover exam technique/revision classes/term paper deadlines- would he want to miss these/how borderline is he to certain degree class?

4 days - given flights that way I have been on have all been in the evening (around 10pm) say take 24hrs add time difference you should arrive on 16th given there are no strikes/delays etc.

The other risk you have is if something happens to one of the family meaning they can not fly - it has happened to a poster here and a friend was hopitalised with kidney infection days before a holiiday - ie these things you can not predict, maybe you should just bear the cost (cheaper than reapply for visa) over the Xmas hols to be on the safe side?
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:30 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaznjeff
got the green light yesterday so now looking into validation flights.our problem is ..our son staring final year at uni.so dont want to have term time off.date for validation is 19 march 05.to expensive at xmas,he can finish a week earlier for easter wich means flying on 14 march.leaving 4 days to get there, is this wise?
thanx karen

It is *not* a good idea to leave validation to the last minute! People have found themselves in a total mess when they tried this and then some event meant they couldn't travel.

I'd suggest validating sooner than that. Once the visas are validated your son can return to the UK sooner than you anyway if time is an issue.

Jeremy
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Cool Re: how near to validation date dare we go??

Originally Posted by JAJ
It is *not* a good idea to leave validation to the last minute! People have found themselves in a total mess when they tried this and then some event meant they couldn't travel.

I'd suggest validating sooner than that. Once the visas are validated your son can return to the UK sooner than you anyway if time is an issue.

Jeremy
thanx, yes your right,it would be a bit scary.andrew and myself will be flying on XMAS day(iam main applicant) hubby and daughter are going early feb. tickets booked!
regards karen
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 10:39 am
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kaznjeff
thanx, yes your right,it would be a bit scary.andrew and myself will be flying on XMAS day(iam main applicant) hubby and daughter are going early feb. tickets booked!
regards karen
First of all congrats on the green light ... well done, i'm hoping to be getting ours within the next couple of months ( hopefully ) we at the AOS stage.
secondly :
I think you are doing the right thing.... better to be safe than sorry, although it might work out a bit costly, i know i for one wouldn't want to go through any of this process again ... having to re-apply for the visa ... no-way !!!

I see your from Lancashire ( like ourselves) where are you heading for ???
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by C.Owen
First of all congrats on the green light ... well done, i'm hoping to be getting ours within the next couple of months ( hopefully ) we at the AOS stage.
secondly :
I think you are doing the right thing.... better to be safe than sorry, although it might work out a bit costly, i know i for one wouldn't want to go through any of this process again ... having to re-apply for the visa ... no-way !!!

I see your from Lancashire ( like ourselves) where are you heading for ???
we are heading to rockingham ,my brother and family are there.we have just put house on the market. thanx for the congrats karen