Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How much time does skilled relative sponsored visa take.

How much time does skilled relative sponsored visa take.

Old Feb 5th 2011, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

akhhttar is on a distinguished road
Default How much time does skilled relative sponsored visa take.

Hi all,

I am going to apply for Skilled-Relative Sponsored Visa (subclass 176). Can someone please tell me how much time this kind of visa usually take.??

Thanks
-Akhtar
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of
Default Re: How much time does skilled relative sponsored visa take.

Originally Posted by akhhttar
Hi all,

I am going to apply for Skilled-Relative Sponsored Visa (subclass 176). Can someone please tell me how much time this kind of visa usually take.??

Thanks
-Akhtar

Hi - we have applied for that!

It takes between 18-24 months. Good luck with your application!
Old Feb 5th 2011, 11:01 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks
-Akhtar
It depends on a number of factors. How long your skills assessment takes to finalise, your background checks (security and employment), and processing times for your visa subclass. Usually it's about 2 years, but with family sponsored visas being the last priority I would count on it being longer.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsE
Hi - we have applied for that!

It takes between 18-24 months. Good luck with your application!
Hi MrsE,

Its nice to see that I am not alone in this visa class I had not found any other person who applied for same visa yet.

Can you please let me know if there is any Bank balance/fund requirements for the person who is sponsoring me? I have not found any such requirements in the documents but want to confirm by others.

any other tips regarding lodging sponsor visa will also be very helpful for me.

Thank You so much for you reply.

-Akhtar
Old Feb 6th 2011, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It depends on a number of factors. How long your skills assessment takes to finalise, your background checks (security and employment), and processing times for your visa subclass. Usually it's about 2 years, but with family sponsored visas being the last priority I would count on it being longer.
HI Dorothy,

Thank you very much for your the information.

-Akhtar
Old Feb 6th 2011, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Family sponsorship is cat3 isn't it? (so long as your skill is on the required skills list) I thought cat4 was the last priority Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi MrsE,

Its nice to see that I am not alone in this visa class I had not found any other person who applied for same visa yet.

Can you please let me know if there is any Bank balance/fund requirements for the person who is sponsoring me? I have not found any such requirements in the documents but want to confirm by others.

any other tips regarding lodging sponsor visa will also be very helpful for me.

Thank You so much for you reply.

-Akhtar
Hi Akhtar

As far as I am aware you do not have to supply bank balance details. Just make sure that you give all information that is required of you when you complete the application and that your sponsor does the same. I have just started a thread asking if there's anyone else going for a 176 visa too.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 10:54 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsE
Family sponsorship is cat3 isn't it? (so long as your skill is on the required skills list) I thought cat4 was the last priority Please correct me if I am wrong.
State sponsored is cat 3. From what I understand family sponsored is cat 4.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Onynz is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe ENS / State Sponsorship is under Cat 2 while Family Sponsored / Independent application where skill nominated is under Sched 3 is under Cat 3 then all other applications where skill is under Sched 4 is under Cat 4...
Old Feb 6th 2011, 11:25 pm

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point

No. State sponsored with SMP is cat 2. For cat 3, the only criteria is the occupation being on SOL.

Here are excerpts from FAQ of priority processing...

Under the arrangements, processing priorities (with the highest priority listed first) are:
1. Applications from people who are employer sponsored under the ENS and the RSMS.
2. Applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated
occupation that is specified on that state or territory’s state migration plan.
3. Applications from people who have nominated an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) –
Schedule 3 in effect from 1 July 2010.
4. All other applications are to be processed in the order in which they are received.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ssing-faqs.pdf
Old Feb 8th 2011, 4:59 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

Family sponsored and Independant (175) are same processing priority now. If its on the schedule 3 you are cat 3.