How much time do you have to attach docs?

Old May 9th 2008, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Milley will become famous soon enough
Default How much time do you have to attach docs?

After you submit your online app, how long do you have to attach all the documentation?
Old May 9th 2008, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

laguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: How much time do you have to attach docs?

I want to know the same......
Old May 9th 2008, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Milley
After you submit your online app, how long do you have to attach all the documentation?
Theoretically 28 days, but as the August backlog is still being cleared you probably have longer at the moment.

I successfully attached some docs a month/6 weeks ago and we applied in November. As we're still waiting for a CO though whether they registered is stil to be seen
Old May 10th 2008, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Milley
I'm sure this is a question that is asked on a pretty regular basis, (maybe try doing a search on this site and you will see what I mean) the general consensus is you have 28 days to upload / send your docs once your case officer asks for them.
Up until a CO is assigned to you, you have as long as you want.

As most applications are taking about 3 months from the time they are submitted online to a CO being assigned you have plenty of time to send your docs.

Most people submit them before they have a CO for 2 reasons,
1) To try to speed up the process slightly
2) Peace of mind that you know it's done.

We put the visa app in in April and are still to get round to sending are Docs, but we do intend to do it this weekend.

Good luck with your application and hope that this helps