How Many More Hurdles..?

Old Feb 1st 2009, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

yakka and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How Many More Hurdles..?

My wife has applied for a Class VE, subclass 175 Skilled - Independent (VE 175) and we were allocated a case office and have been down the long journey of Police checks, Medicals etc etc (I am entering as a spouse as HM Forces dont get any points..!)

We were contacted 2 weeks ago and informed to reach the required points my wife needed to take the IELTS english test....... I did think this was a little bizzare as we were born in England.

She passed all 4 parts of the test with a score above the required 7 to gain 25 points, which now means she has 20 points over.

We have scanned the results and sent them to Adelaide. I think this is the last stage, when can we expect to hear anything and how will we find out... Anyone any ideas...

Thanks in advance

Yakka
Old Feb 1st 2009, 4:13 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Many More Hurdles..?

Originally Posted by yakka and Deb
My wife has applied for a Class VE, subclass 175 Skilled - Independent (VE 175) and we were allocated a case office and have been down the long journey of Police checks, Medicals etc etc (I am entering as a spouse as HM Forces dont get any points..!)

We were contacted 2 weeks ago and informed to reach the required points my wife needed to take the IELTS english test....... I did think this was a little bizzare as we were born in England.

She passed all 4 parts of the test with a score above the required 7 to gain 25 points, which now means she has 20 points over.

We have scanned the results and sent them to Adelaide. I think this is the last stage, when can we expect to hear anything and how will we find out... Anyone any ideas...

Thanks in advance

Yakka
Would you not consider a lateral transfer to the forces in Oz? My partner is in the British Army and is doing just that, I however, being a Primary School Teacher am applying for the same visa as your wife as we're not married so I cant go over on his application....
Old Feb 1st 2009, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Jen

I did consider the exchange however i have nearly completed 22 years and had one too many trips to the Big Sandpit.

My Wife is a nurse and will be the main bread winner until i find a job, got many thoughts and the Oz Forces isnt in my plans.

Your App could be made easier, Get him to propose ;-)

Best Regards

Yakka
Old Feb 1st 2009, 4:45 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Jen

I did consider the exchange however i have nearly completed 22 years and had one too many trips to the Big Sandpit.

My Wife is a nurse and will be the main bread winner until i find a job, got many thoughts and the Oz Forces isnt in my plans.

Your App could be made easier, Get him to propose ;-)

Best Regards

Yakka
HAHA we've only been together 8 months, tis a bit soon for all that caper lol
Old Feb 1st 2009, 6:36 pm
Outback Club Member

Paddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant future

If he proposes I want an invite to the wedding Jen!
Old Feb 1st 2009, 6:38 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Paddy_M
If he proposes I want an invite to the wedding Jen!
Considering his divorce only came thru in November, I find that highly unlikely, plus, I dont think I'm the 'marrying type' lol
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

No More Hurdles ..... We got the grant of permanant residency visa this morning....................Sorted
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:55 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

No More Hurdles ..... We got the grant of permanant residency visa this morning....................Sorted
YAY well done you!!!! What's your timescale?
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:56 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

I'm also about to apply for the 175 visa, once I hopefully have a positive result from my IELTS...what skill is your wife going in on again?
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:58 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I'm also about to apply for the 175 visa, once I hopefully have a positive result from my IELTS...what skill is your wife going in on again?
Sorry, just re-read above about ur wife being a nurse, sorry, it's been a long day of doing tests with my little darlings lol
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

LOL - we are going over this year to qualify the visa and moving out in 18 months. sooner the better for me...;-)
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:27 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

LOL - we are going over this year to qualify the visa and moving out in 18 months. sooner the better for me...;-)
Brill, yeah even if I was issued my visa pretty promptly I'd want to try and sell the house before I left....so dear knows when that'd be!