Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

how long are vetassess taking for paper assessment?

how long are vetassess taking for paper assessment?

Old May 5th 2008, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about
Default how long are vetassess taking for paper assessment?

Does anyone know how long vetassess are taking for paper assessment? I sent week b4 last and have just received email asking for 2 passport photos!! I already sent them with application but they were certified as true copies and not true likeness, so my mistake but though it would be ok as some people on here have said that they didn't get them certified as not enough room!
Hoping to meet deadline for practical on June 2nd!!
Fingers crossed!
Old May 5th 2008, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

andreandaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how long are vetassess taking for paper assessment?

Originally Posted by jollyswagman
Does anyone know how long vetassess are taking for paper assessment? I sent week b4 last and have just received email asking for 2 passport photos!! I already sent them with application but they were certified as true copies and not true likeness, so my mistake but though it would be ok as some people on here have said that they didn't get them certified as not enough room!
Hoping to meet deadline for practical on June 2nd!!
Fingers crossed!

Hiya,

Not sure what the timescale is now but what I can tell you is that we submitted our paperwork to vetassess on 20/2/08 and didn't receive our result until 4/4/08, approx. 4 1/2 weeks, however, there was the Easter holiday in between the two dates, which accounted for the delay.

Hope this helps

Andrea
Old May 6th 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about

Hi, thanks for sharing that, we may just squeeze into July practical if we are lucky! When they pass you do they email you or send a letter? Do you simply just have to pay the fee or are there more forms to complete? Just thinking if we find out say 2 days before cut off date for practical asses if there is any info we need to get ready!
Old May 6th 2008, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Eammon is on a distinguished road

Hi

We sent our paper assessment to Vetassess on 16 April, it was acknowledged on 28 April and we received the go ahead today to proceed to the practical assessment, so around 3 weeks in all.

We're using an agent and they notified them who in turn called us to let us know.

We've got to complete a form and arrange payment and then it says on the form they will let us know more detailed arrangements such as dates and venues.

Denise
Old May 7th 2008, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Eammon
Hi

We sent our paper assessment to Vetassess on 16 April, it was acknowledged on 28 April and we received the go ahead today to proceed to the practical assessment, so around 3 weeks in all.

We're using an agent and they notified them who in turn called us to let us know.

We've got to complete a form and arrange payment and then it says on the form they will let us know more detailed arrangements such as dates and venues.

Denise
Hi Denise

congratulations

we have not heard anything yet. we filled in online app for vetassess on 14 th April (in OZ date) and sent docs on 18th to agent.

did you apply on line. i have looked at application state on line and it doesn't say docs rec. although agent has called vetassess and they say they have received them

are you in for carpenter or joiner.

will let you know if we hear anything. OH is self employed so hope we put enough details.

cheryl
Old May 7th 2008, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Hi Cheryl

Our agent sent our paper assessment via post on 16 April - It came through much quicker than I expected!

We've applied for the Carpenter skills assessment - how about you?

I'm sure you will hear something soon - good luck - let us know as soon as you hear.

Denise
Old May 7th 2008, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

sophie26 is on a distinguished road

we posted ours on the 18th april on friday of last week we got the letter regarding payment so just waiting for the yey or ney now!!! scared and excited!!!!!
Old May 7th 2008, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Eammon
Hi Cheryl

Our agent sent our paper assessment via post on 16 April - It came through much quicker than I expected!

We've applied for the Carpenter skills assessment - how about you?

I'm sure you will hear something soon - good luck - let us know as soon as you hear.

Denise
hi

we are prob. a few days behind you at least. our agent is in Oz so by the time it got to him and he checked it, it may not have arrived with vetassess till middle of the week after.

we have applied for carpenter too, although OH is still unsure about roof cant see why they cant use preformed trusses.

i will let you know if i hear anything, hope we pass.

have you got a huge hangover from celebrating

cheryl
Old May 7th 2008, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Hi Cheryl

Yes - it was a great feeling to knowing we'd submitted enough evidence to get through to the practical - I was really excited when I spoke to our agent and she told me the news. I have just sent the form off apply for July's practical along with payment details, so hopefully we'll receive confirmation soon.

Good luck - I'm sure it won't be long now before you hear. Don't forget to keep us updated.

Denise
Old May 7th 2008, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sophie26
we posted ours on the 18th april on friday of last week we got the letter regarding payment so just waiting for the yey or ney now!!! scared and excited!!!!!
Hi Sophie

You're only a few days behind us then ...... Good luck - let us know as soon as you hear. I know how your feeling. I couldn;t wait to hear, but was really nervous at the same time......

Are you applying for the carpentry practical also?
Denise
Old May 7th 2008, 8:41 am
Just Joined

andreandaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, thanks for sharing that, we may just squeeze into July practical if we are lucky! When they pass you do they email you or send a letter? Do you simply just have to pay the fee or are there more forms to complete? Just thinking if we find out say 2 days before cut off date for practical asses if there is any info we need to get ready!
Hiya,

our agent emailed us they day they received confirmation from vetassess, we had to sign a form and send it back to agent for them to forward to vetassess.

We did this on 6/4/08, however, we have still not received official confirmation from vetassess that we are on the July assessment. Our agent contacted them by phone last week, they have confirm Darren will be on the assessment, however, they are still working on dates etc, so, could be early June before we hear anything.

Hope this helps

Andrea
Old May 7th 2008, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

sophie26 is on a distinguished road

no Dan is doing the plumbing practical. think i am more nervous than him!!! its normally me with the responsibilty for things so quite a turn around that its all on him, think he is feeling the pressure!!!!
Old May 7th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Congratulations Denise !! i bet you are so relieved!! Well done, i think that must be the hardest bit done! I may still have hope as yours was processed very quickly so will keep fingers crossed and join the many others in the waiting game, my hubby is a brickie, r there any other brickies hoping to do Practical in July?
Old May 7th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Congratulations Denise !! i bet you are so relieved!! Well done, i think that must be the hardest bit done! I may still have hope as yours was processed very quickly so will keep fingers crossed and join the many others in the waiting game, my hubby is a brickie, r there any other brickies hoping to do Practical in July?
sorry carpenter

but good luck anyway, keep us posted

cheryl
Old May 8th 2008, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

I have just put our details on the BE skills assessment timeline - it looks a good way to keep up to date with where everyone else is in the process and you can see who has the same occupation as you.

I have attached the link to it incase anyone else wants to take a look or add their details.

http://www.beupdate.co.uk/indexskills.php

Denise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.