Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

Old Sep 21st 2006, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of
Default Re: How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

Yay!! Mr Ellard has picked up our file!!! Our agent has emailed ACS to ask for assessment for SAP and Oracle.

Life is good!
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 12:08 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Yay!! Mr Ellard has picked up our file!!! Our agent has emailed ACS to ask for assessment for SAP and Oracle.

Life is good!
Did you originally apply under 2231-79 before these catagories were added? If not there may be isues as I believe they will only asses the MODL class on the form.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 5:03 am
Just Joined

niclasW is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Did you originally apply under 2231-79 before these catagories were added? If not there may be isues as I believe they will only asses the MODL class on the form.

Mr Ellard did mine as well.

I got the approval today :-D

Submitted 15 August so fairly quick to get through.

/Niclas
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 4:20 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by niclasW

/Niclas
Fantastic news, lets hope we're all just a few days behind you. We went in a couple of weeks before you but there was a delay with the payment which I think finally went through around the 16th August.

Gill

Last edited by herrchook; Sep 22nd 2006 at 4:24 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 4:23 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere

Life is good!
Great news. Fingers crossed for you.

Gill
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

mcarton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by niclasW

/Niclas
Congratulations - Good news as now he's free to do mine which was submitted on 25/07/06.

Cheers
Mark
Old Sep 25th 2006, 3:45 pm
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by herrchook
Fantastic news, lets hope we're all just a few days behind you. We went in a couple of weeks before you but there was a delay with the payment which I think finally went through around the 16th August.

Gill
Nooooooooooo, just checked my credit card statement and the ACS payment didn't come off until 1st September. That's a full month after submitting. The problem appears to have been that ACS entered the wrong cc details when requesting the payment. They contacted our agent who advised us, we checked that all was OK our end and asked ACS to try again. Over two weeks had passed by that time, and it seems it took a further 2 weeks for them to receive payment. :-(((( We had been told that the official wait times only begin after payment is received so that puts us a whole month behind schedule.

HHHmmm, not very happy. We're on STNI and this only lasts 6 months so we have a limited length of time in which to get ACS sorted and apply to DIMA. At this rate, if there's any problems with ACS, we're going to be in trouble!!!

Gill
Old Sep 25th 2006, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

mcarton is an unknown quantity at this point

Nooooooooooo, just checked my credit card statement and the ACS payment didn't come off until 1st September. That's a full month after submitting.
Hi Gill,

That's a real pain.

Here's the full timeline for my OH.

20/07/06 - Sent to agent and onto ACS
25/07/06 - Received by ACS
26/07/06 - Payment taken
20/09/06 - Still on "In process"
22/09/06 - With assessor
25/09/06 - Passed with MODL (SAP)

This was for someone with a degree (not RPL) so times do vary.

I've just resubmitted mine (RPL which took 2m 10d from May) to try to get MODL for me as I've been told we can't use OH skills as she's been on maternity leave for 9 out of last 18 months. How annoyed!!

Cheers
Mark
Old Sep 25th 2006, 5:04 pm
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by mcarton
Hi Gill,

That's a real pain.

Here's the full timeline for my OH.

20/07/06 - Sent to agent and onto ACS
25/07/06 - Received by ACS
26/07/06 - Payment taken
20/09/06 - Still on "In process"
22/09/06 - With assessor
25/09/06 - Passed with MODL (SAP)

This was for someone with a degree (not RPL) so times do vary.

I've just resubmitted mine (RPL which took 2m 10d from May) to try to get MODL for me as I've been told we can't use OH skills as she's been on maternity leave for 9 out of last 18 months. How annoyed!!

Cheers
Mark
Hi, OH is a degree as well, not RPL. If it's correct that assessment wait times commence after payment then based on your times, we might be waiting until November!!! Nooooooooo.

Getting all the DIMA forms off to agent this week. So, barring any problems with ACS, we'll apply as soon as ACS comes back.

Fingers crossed that I'm wrong and that ACS approval is just around the corner.

The frustrating thing with all this is that we're already 6 months + behind where we wanted to be as we were originally rejected for STNI and had to wait to reapply.

Oh well, good things come to those who wait I guess.

I hope you get your own back soon too.

Gill
Old Sep 25th 2006, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Yes, 2231-79 SAP. It should be fine as is, it's just that Oracle experience is more recent so if they wanted to be picky they now have a choice of 2 to look at!
Old Sep 26th 2006, 12:01 am
Just Joined

krishna99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I worked as Oracle DBA for 2 yrs plus, do you think I can be considered in MODL
Old Sep 26th 2006, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all

My status has changed as of today to 'With assessor', in addition to this I now have a footnote on the webpage informing me :

'Please allow up to 10 days if living in Australia or 21 days for overseas for your result letter to arrive.'

I am REALLY bricking it now LOL!!!!!

Last edited by Cardos; Sep 26th 2006 at 7:30 am. Reason: cant spell for toffee
Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:47 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Cardos
My status has changed as of today to 'With assessor', in addition to this I now have a footnote on the webpage informing me :

'Please allow up to 10 days if living in Australia or 21 days for overseas for your result letter to arrive.'

I am REALLY bricking it now LOL!!!!!
Woohoo, fantastic, you're on the home straight now mate. Are you using an agent? I wonder if you'll hear quicker with an agent.

Our agent contacted us last night after my moment of madness yesterday (sorry George ;-( ) and has told us we might hear in about a week.

Fingers crossed for us all.

Do you have your DIMA forms all ready Cardos? Ours are going to our agent today. Were hoping to do it yesterday, but OH gets this months wage slip today, so it made sense to hold off a day and include that.

Gill
Old Sep 26th 2006, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all

Woohoo, fantastic, you're on the home straight now mate. Are you using an agent? I wonder if you'll hear quicker with an agent.

Our agent contacted us last night after my moment of madness yesterday (sorry George ;-( ) and has told us we might hear in about a week.

Fingers crossed for us all.

Do you have your DIMA forms all ready Cardos? Ours are going to our agent today. Were hoping to do it yesterday, but OH gets this months wage slip today, so it made sense to hold off a day and include that.

Gill
I feel really tardy now, I havent even printed the forms yet *hangs head in shame* LOL, I have taken a look at them online though
Im going to be applying for the subclass 138 so shud really be getting form 40 off to my sister soon.

I didnt use an agent *yet*, however if this app fails i'm going to go down the agent route.........tbh I would have used one already but cant afford the expense, I need every penny from when the house sale goes though for the big move.

BTW I noticed u guys are applying with a Uni degree, im applying under group B with an MCSE so im wondering if that has anything to do with processing times?, i would have thought u group A guys would get processed quicker than us group B'ers.

Fingers crossed you get the 'with assessor' message anyday now
Old Sep 26th 2006, 11:15 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Cardos
I feel really tardy now, I havent even printed the forms yet *hangs head in shame* LOL, I have taken a look at them online though
Im going to be applying for the subclass 138 so shud really be getting form 40 off to my sister soon.

I didnt use an agent *yet*, however if this app fails i'm going to go down the agent route.........tbh I would have used one already but cant afford the expense, I need every penny from when the house sale goes though for the big move.

BTW I noticed u guys are applying with a Uni degree, im applying under group B with an MCSE so im wondering if that has anything to do with processing times?, i would have thought u group A guys would get processed quicker than us group B'ers.

Fingers crossed you get the 'with assessor' message anyday now
OH just called, he's on his way to post the stuff right now. That feels great. It's kind of all ou of our hands now.

Using an agent is expensive, but for us it's been well worth it.

Who knows how they prioritise the workload!! It's all a mystery to me. But I suspect the delayed payment won't have helped.

Now, go get those forms printed

Gill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.