Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

Old Sep 12th 2006, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

brutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant future
Default Re: How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

Originally Posted by Cardos
Just an update to the above, my application has moved on slightly, I have been allocated and additional documents have been requested, in the form of my Microsoft transcript sharing ID, which have been sent off this morning.
Is the online transcript sharing ID enough for the ACS?

What other documentation do you require for Group B, other than the job references in that unusual format and a couple of 1000 word project reports?

B
Old Sep 12th 2006, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all
Default Re: How long it usually take to get result for skill assessment from ACS?

Originally Posted by brutus
Is the online transcript sharing ID enough for the ACS?

What other documentation do you require for Group B, other than the job references in that unusual format and a couple of 1000 word project reports?

B
No m8, the online transcript has been requested in addition to the certified print version of the transcript and the certified copy's of the actual certificates.

But as for additional docs, I sent a detailed technical review of my career and two project reports, copy of my passport, work refs (certified)....ohhh and the application form of course

I probs chucked in some extra stuff as well, just missed the trascript sharing code...which i had bloody printed out to send with the application, but never did...dohhhhh
Old Sep 12th 2006, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

brutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant future

No m8, the online transcript has been requested in addition to the certified print version of the transcript and the certified copy's of the actual certificates.

But as for additional docs, I sent a detailed technical review of my career and two project reports, copy of my passport, work refs (certified)....ohhh and the application form of course

I probs chucked in some extra stuff as well, just missed the trascript sharing code...which i had bloody printed out to send with the application, but never did...dohhhhh
Cardos,

Thanks for that.

A detailed technical review of your career?
Was that a lengthy process compiling that?

The work refs are hard to get, as most companies don't like having a format dictated to them, but I've only my current place of work to get from now.

All the best with your application anyway.

B
Old Sep 12th 2006, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all

Originally Posted by brutus
Cardos,

Thanks for that.

A detailed technical review of your career?
Was that a lengthy process compiling that?

The work refs are hard to get, as most companies don't like having a format dictated to them, but I've only my current place of work to get from now.

All the best with your application anyway.

B
All in all it wasn't too lengthy, I just started with my first tech support job right up until present day, I tried not to get too technical, and just explain in basic terms what I did/do, and what I learnt whilst doing it

If you wont a copy of my refs, PM me and I would be glad to send you abridged versions......however, I aint got a result yet, so I might not be a good role model....lol

Gd luck with your app B, PM me if you need any info m8

Last edited by Cardos; Sep 12th 2006 at 12:13 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

stokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant future

All in all it wasn't too lengthy, I just started with my first tech support job right up until present day, I tried not to get too technical, and just explain in basic terms what I did/do, and what I learnt whilst doing it

If you wont a copy of my refs, PM me and I would be glad to send you abridged versions......however, I aint got a result yet, so I might not be a good role model....lol

Gd luck with your app B, PM me if you need any info m8
Christ do you have to do all that crap if you are already here on a 457 and are being sponsored by an Employer.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stokesy43
Christ do you have to do all that crap if you are already here on a 457 and are being sponsored by an Employer.
Hehehehe....honest m8, I dunno........I just interpreted the instructions that way, but i guess if you need a positive skills assessment from the ACS you will need to go through it........does the subclass 457 require a skills assessment m8?
Old Sep 12th 2006, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Just an update to the above, my application has moved on slightly, I have been allocated and additional documents have been requested, in the form of my Microsoft transcript sharing ID, which have been sent off this morning.

Hey, congrats on the progress!!! Hopefully we're not too far behind you then!
Old Sep 12th 2006, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

stokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant future

Hehehehe....honest m8, I dunno........I just interpreted the instructions that way, but i guess if you need a positive skills assessment from the ACS you will need to go through it........does the subclass 457 require a skills assessment m8?
As I understand it a 457 can require assessment but mine didn't.

Just as a matter of interest if you have to write two project reports it must be quite a task to write them without metioning any specifics and breaching any confidentialities of either my company or their clients.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Hey, congrats on the progress!!! Hopefully we're not too far behind you then!
Thanks for that fella, I got a reciept for my extra docs this morning, so 10 out of 10 for service, i wasnt expecting anything for another week or so.

My fingers are well and truly crossed for u, Barbitana and Atiq.....but just a little bit more crossed for myself lol.

Originally Posted by Stokesy43
As I understand it a 457 can require assessment but mine didn't.

Just as a matter of interest if you have to write two project reports it must be quite a task to write them without metioning any specifics and breaching any confidentialities of either my company or their clients.
The way I see it, the trick is to concentrate on what you learned from the project, more so than the specifics of it.

For instance, a network admin could include creating a DNS forward and reverse lookup zone on their network as a part of a project report on creating an active directory domain, and they could include why DNS is important and explain what they learnt about the different components of DNS during the project, and what they learnt about how different DNS record types service different queries, without ever going into any detail as to the servers specifics..........but like I said earlier, I haven't completed a successfull application, so I could be waaaaaaaay off the mark here m8, it's just the way I personally called it.

Last edited by Cardos; Sep 13th 2006 at 8:46 am.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 11:14 am

Today my status is changed Case Finalized but I am not getting
assessment result yet

Cardos wrote:
    > > Hey, congrats on the progress!!! Hopefully we're not too far behind
    > > you then!
    > Thanks for that fella, I got a reciept for my extra docs this morning,
    > so 10 out of 10 for service, i wasnt expecting anything for another
    > week or so.
    > My fingers are well and truly crossed for u, Barbitana and Atiq.....but
    > just a little bit more crossed for myself lol.
    > The way I see it, the trick is to concentrate on what you learned from
    > the project, more so than the specifics of it.
    > For instance, a network admin could include creating a DNS forward and
    > reverse lookup zone on their network as a part of a project report on
    > creating an active directory domain, and they could include why DNS is
    > important and explain what they learnt about the different components of
    > DNS during the project, and what they learnt about how different DNS
    > record types service different queries, without ever going into any
    > detail as to the servers specifics..........but like I said earlier, I
    > haven't completed a successfull application, so I could be waaaaaaaay
    > off the mark here m8, it's just the way I personally called it.
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 13th 2006, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by [email protected]
assessment result yet

Cardos wrote:
    > > you then!
    > week or so.
    >
    > --
You should recieve it soon m8, probs in the post? Congrats!!!!!!! Hope its the news you wont.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 8:50 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by [email protected]
assessment result yet

Cardos wrote:
    > > you then!
    > week or so.
    >
    > --
Fingers crossed for you that you hear very soon. We've been waiting since August 1st. so still a way to go for us.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 8:09 am

thanks all i am waiitng herrchook what is your status now?

herrchook wrote:
    > > Today my status is changed Case Finalized but I am not getting
    > > assessment result yet
    > >
    > >
    > > Cardos wrote:
    > > > > Hey, congrats on the progress!!! Hopefully we're not too far
    > > > > behind
    > > > > you then!
    > > > Thanks for that fella, I got a reciept for my extra docs this
    > > > morning,
    > > > so 10 out of 10 for service, i wasnt expecting anything for another
    > > > week or so.
    > > > My fingers are well and truly crossed for u, Barbitana and
    > > > Atiq.....but
    > > > just a little bit more crossed for myself lol.
    > > > The way I see it, the trick is to concentrate on what you learned
    > > > from
    > > > the project, more so than the specifics of it.
    > > > For instance, a network admin could include creating a DNS forward
    > > > and
    > > > reverse lookup zone on their network as a part of a project report
    > > > on
    > > > creating an active directory domain, and they could include why DNS
    > > > is
    > > > important and explain what they learnt about the different
    > > > components of
    > > > DNS during the project, and what they learnt about how different DNS
    > > > record types service different queries, without ever going into any
    > > > detail as to the servers specifics..........but like I said earlier,
    > > > I
    > > > haven't completed a successfull application, so I could be
    > > > waaaaaaaay
    > > > off the mark here m8, it's just the way I personally called it.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > Fingers crossed for you that you hear very soon. We've been waiting
    > since August 1st. so still a way to go for us.
    >
    > --

Old Sep 14th 2006, 9:40 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, ours says Recieved: 1st August, Status: In Process Managed by: Anthony Ellard

Hopefully we'll get something back soon so we can get our application in to DIMA in October.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by herrchook
Hi, ours says Recieved: 1st August, Status: In Process Managed by: Anthony Ellard

Hopefully we'll get something back soon so we can get our application in to DIMA in October.
Hey Herrchook,

We are next to each other on austimeline, and we both have Mr. Ellard as our assessor

Gd luck, I really hope you get an answer soon....... my status changed from 'awaiting document's' to 'in-process' this morning.........I think we are awaiting 'with assessor' status next.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.